manifold progress

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
it's about as close as my old one, i'm going to wrap it with fiberglass wrap and coat it with the silicone spray to control the heat.

AJ, any advantage to having it further down?

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Nice job!! The fab work is A+ , Not to be a dick but it looks to me like your only gonna be reading alot of cly 4-5-6 with the o2 right there.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Clip;1482459 said:
AJ, any advantage to having it further down?

I feel you get a better mix of AFR farther downstream. I've questioned about this before and have had mix replies. Your location is probably OK for a stock NB O-2, for a WB it might be a little too close to the head. Like I said with mixed opinions, hard too say. Pacesetter puts the bung too far down IMO and at the wrong angle, they couldn't give me a good reason other than that's were their people said to put it.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
ill link my other thread about placement tonight, but came to the conclusion that a nb sensor would give acceptable results. If and when i go with a wb ill definitely put it after the y pipe.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
WOW!!! I'd pay you a lot to have it back, if i still have my GE! Great stuff dude!! How does it sounds and the respond of the car?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
don't know, still trying to take care of the heat issue. I think i'm going to have it all ceramic coated to keep me from rubbing exhaust wrap off on curbs or speed bumps. don't want to go to all that trouble to waste $50 in wrap. is there any way to fab a shield for the low-hanging part?

here's the thread on my oxygen sensor placement: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113466

supraduper

Jun 7, 2009
merrimack nh
go to a junk yard and find an old subaru... they have tons of heat shields on their exhausts and they wrap tightly around the pipe... maybe a good route...

or if you were looking for a short term fix... old license plates...

hope i dont get flamed for that comment :0)

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
hey, i was honestly thinking of wrapping perforated pipe strap over each wrap of the fiberglass. good to hear suggestions!