Man cave

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Folks, i know i've been real quiet since i moved to Florida, but that's about to change, any body on the board here have a lift in your garage or man cave? I am hopefully about to get set up and will need to get a lift i was wondering who had what as i have been looking and the choices and they are affordable. Just looking for thoughts on this.
Thanks in advance.
Jet

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Buddy of mine got the MaxJax to work on the Supra along with his other vehicles in his garage, http://maxjaxusa.com/
It's ideal for garages with low ceilings, and if you're just tired of laying on your back. No standing room under the elevated car though, but just enough for a rolling seat.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I've been looking at Bend Pak and plan on one (or similar) in my next house. Crawling on the ground is getting old and it looks like $4k buys a pretty decent 4 post lift.

http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/four-post-lifts/

Those Max Jax make me a little uneasy for use with a real heavy, off-balance car like a truck or SUV. The 4 posts are inherently a lot more stable and only another couple thousand, not to mention you could use them as parking storage without having to align frame rails and jack points.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Jetfixr757;2044024 said:
I liked the Max Jax was wondering if anybody had one how you liked it then i saw the MSC-6K single post lift very portable and a few more $ good for a low ceiling garage.
http://www.naautoequipment.com/MSC-6K_mobile-single-column-lift.html

Now that car on the lift is a heavy old Rolls....
Jet

Whoa. Never seen anything like that before. How does the lifting actually happen? It's got a motor... but it's a pallet jack. Does the motor just assist the lifting power of the manual hydraulic pallet jack style handle? If so, I wonder how long that takes to lift. A regular pallet jack is maybe an inch per pump. At that rate that would be a pretty good workout getting a car 72" in the air.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I never knew that these types of lifts were so affordable. I always thought they were a super luxury item for only the very wealthy guy who likes to work on his own cars. Good to know for the future for sure.

Supra mn

Oct 10, 2012
Jacksonville/Nebraska
suprarx7nut;2044028 said:
Whoa. Never seen anything like that before. How does the lifting actually happen? It's got a motor... but it's a pallet jack. Does the motor just assist the lifting power of the manual hydraulic pallet jack style handle? If so, I wonder how long that takes to lift. A regular pallet jack is maybe an inch per pump. At that rate that would be a pretty good workout getting a car 72" in the air.

The lift is mobile, so the motor on the side does all the hydraulic lifting of the car; the pallet jack handle on the side would raise the whole lift assembly so you could move it wherever it's needed.