MAJOR thanks due to SupraRX7Nut!

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, I wasn't going to post anything, but I owe having a place to work, invaluable assistance and excellent moral support to one guy here I am.

I spent the last two weeks working with SupraRX7Nut on replacing my heater core, rewiring some stuff, adding an oil cooling system AND adding a turbo... THANKS ANDY!!!!

He's a great guy all around and as I've found when we worked together before a lot of fun and very able to take things in stride. Definitely helped me keep my head together and not give up (not that I could, my car was filling his garage) when we hit problems.

The car's running great and I've only one thing to fix; an oil leak which I hope to have taken care of today.

Andy, thanks again! I owe you big time!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
You're very welcome, buddy. I thoroughly enjoyed the late nights and hard work learning what a custom NA-T looks like.

I'll have to call in some favors from you in the next few weeks. Maybe some blinker cover mending? ;)

Now if I could only find a GTE to start my own project... :evil2: Can't decide if I should try to rid my car of Cali-spec exhaust stuff before I go turbo to keep myself busy...

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
So we won't see you posting in the NA section anymore??

Great to have a bud around to help and keep you focused, or off-focused when needed, not to mention help.

Good luck with the NA-T CRE.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I'm not going anywhere. I've still got a 7M-GE.

Yes, always good to have friends you can count on!

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
IJ.;1414191 said:
(to the cock gobbler that gave me the thumbs down fuck you don't ever ask for my help)

Bwahahahahahaha!!! priceless.... glad it wasn't me....

Yes, 1J ( ;) ) thanks to you and jdub for all the additional advice and suggestions... and laying my mind at ease regarding the oil seal. :D BTW, you're always so quick to respond.... do you ever sleep?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
CRE;1414226 said:
Bwahahahahahaha!!! priceless.... glad it wasn't me....

Yes, 1J ( ;) ) thanks to you and jdub for all the additional advice and suggestions... and laying my mind at ease regarding the oil seal. :D BTW, you're always so quick to respond.... do you ever sleep?

At times ;)

Myself and the rest of the old timers give our time here freely and try to help guide the younger inexperienced guys but there's only so much shit you can take before you start to think "Fuck em"

The above thumbs down bullshit is a perfect example of this, I posted as a joke after SRX7Nut PM'd me with a couple of questions yet some fucking tard has to be a smartarse about it.

Most of the guys here couldn't afford to pay my charges if they came to me in the real world and would run off bleating that I'm ripping them off, yet here they get a huge amount of my time for nothing and I still have to put up with this sort of garbage.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Most of the guys here couldn't afford to pay my charges if they came to me in the real world and would run off bleating that I'm ripping them off, yet here they get a huge amount of my time for nothing and I still have to put up with this sort of garbage.

must be hard workin the street corners...ungreatful assholes thinking ass is free! Lmao

you're awesome ian...this forum wouldn't be what it is without you and select others!

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
gaboonviper85;1414296 said:
this forum wouldn't be what it is without you and select others!

I agree completely! For me the wonderful support of people including jdub, jetjock, ij., drjonez, turbobob and so on are the only reason I still own this car... or at least the only reason I still care about it.

I was surprised when I came back and saw the thumbs.... WTF? Bad idea IMO.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Fuzz420;1414474 said:
Cre you went na-t and you didnt post pics?

Heh, yeah... actually, if not for the need to give my thanks to guy who gave up his garage for two weeks (we did a LOT of stuff, not just the turbo) I probably wouldn't have said anything.... and I've got some pics... just not sure if they're really post worthy.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
CRE;1414701 said:
Heh, yeah... actually, if not for the need to give my thanks to guy who gave up his garage for two weeks (we did a LOT of stuff, not just the turbo) I probably wouldn't have said anything.... and I've got some pics... just not sure if they're really post worthy.

The fuck?! Post them up man!

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
gaboonviper85;1414882 said:
The fuck?! Post them up man!

A couple evolution pics:

N/A (MAFT Pro running 3.5" GM MAF)
LS1int_sm.jpg

N/A (MAFT Pro running speed/density)
PICT0387_sm.JPG

N/A-T (stock CT-26 @ 7psi, 3" HKS DP, DIY IC piping, MAFT Pro running speed/density, full flow oil cooler)
27000004_sm.jpg

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
A couple more pics... nothing much to see though...

27000010_sm.jpg

27000019_sm.jpg

and SurpaRX7Nut having way more fun than he should have been having the night we put the engine back in.... PITA!!!
22820013_sm.jpg

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
suprarx7nut;1414959 said:
Haha, I look high as a kite. Staying up till nearly dawn will do that to ya... ;)

Good times.

You think you look high in that one? Oh, I've got a better one.... just didn't know if you'd appreciate it. :biglaugh:

Definitely up WAY too late that night... I didn't get home until what? 7AM? After the 50mile drive home.... gasp!

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
AJ'S 88NA;1415473 said:
So how goes the tune? PITA or pretty simple?

No problems. Took about 30 minutes to get a drivable tune running so I could get home, been tweaking a little bit here and there on my way to and from work (log on my way to my destination and dial in a couple changes once there)... Won't really have any time to really dig in until Sunday, but I might wait a bit... I need a day off now.