Mahle 7M pistons

bigboost7m

Apr 20, 2005
Center Line, MI
Greetings,

I stumbled across this website v-eight.com, which has really good tech info on intake manifold design, engine tips, calculations etc, etc. But I also found a post that had these Mahle 7M pistons:love: on display, now I think these were used in the GrpA engines, correct? I guess what I'm trying to ask is; Is anyone on here using them? And what are your likes/dis-likes about them? Price? Availability (if any)?

Here's the link:
http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=481

Thanks in advance!!

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
ive used them on some domestic stuff without any problems. i didnt even know they made anything for the 7m.

bigboost7m

Apr 20, 2005
Center Line, MI
Yeah, we used to do a lot of work with them on custom applications, at my previous employer. We've used Mahle on anything from 300-25oohp:evil2:; extremely good quality, thats why im so interested in them.

IJ/bmoss- Where did you guys get them?? Or, do you still have them???

Thanks
bigboost

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i got mine from cvproducts, they are a local company here in nc. they have a website you can order from though. i dont know if they carry anything for a 7m though.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Mahle,

Owner of Cosworth engine program. They use the Mahle blanks. If they survive racing conditions in most of the racing they do. They will work fine in a 7m.

amichie

Apr 13, 2006
sYDNEy
bigboost7m;1130038 said:
:icon_razzAwesome!! Did you buy them direct from Mahle? Distributor? SM Member?

My local machine shop got them.

Since it needed a rebore he ordered the oversize pistons and then bored the block to suit.

He did the same with the bigend and main bearings.

He wont be much help to you though since he is in Australia.

Supranforever

7MGE-T daily driver.
Jul 2, 2006
Tennessee
Anyone have the Part number for the mahle pistons as I have a local Mahle plant here in town, I can check with one of my regulars that comes into my store, he works there. Especially as I'm rebuilding my motor right now. :)