maft??

guards_man79

Mar 3, 2006
Georgetown, KY
well man from what i've read about them, they're like the old hks vpc so you can elminate the afm for more precise tuning. now you might also wanna check out greddy's e-manage ultimate. it's a fuel controller that also has the afm elminator built in. so it's like buying a maft and a fuel controller. horsepowerfreaks has got them at the best price i've seen.

tomjan87

Apr 18, 2005
Madison, WI
fromwhat ive read and researched its really not all that hard. you need supporting mods to be safe. Grim jack did a write up.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1413&highlight=maft+manual
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7987

here are two that will help you

I was going to do this and dont know a whole lot about tuning.

if you do you need
fuel pump
afpr
wideband
gm maf
and i think thats it.
good luck with it, and if you decide to go that route, I have one for sale :)
Joe

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I run the MAF-T and i love it. The MAF-T translates from our stock AFM to the GM MAF. I have mine installed in my intercooler piping, post BOV, that way I can vent it to the atmosphere, with no stalling, and less restriction than the stock AFM. Besides the obvious, i also noticed major benefits with gas mileage.

You will not need a fuel pump or an afpr to use maf-t, but they wont hurt. A wideband is recomended for WOT, but it is not necessary to get the car running.

I am running an aftermarket turbo and fuel system, and i find it very easy to tune with just the MAF-T and my wideband, I don't even need my SAFC. I am pushing just short of 400hp, and I dont see myself switching from MAF-T.

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I have a MAFT. I recommend using a SAFC along with it. Also, get it tuned on a dyno or with a wideband O2 system. It is easy to screw up your engine if you try to adjust without all the right tools.