Maft Pro wont start no spark

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
Looking for some help with my Maft Pro. car wont start but will crank. There is no spark. Every wire has been soldered. 88 supra. Any Ideas would be nice. Just has been installed.

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
Have codes 14/24/32 but I think the only one that matters is 14. I am not doing the spark control. I have checked ohms on Igt and igf and got 1k. Will do more tonight

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
I have tried to post on full throttle but for some reason it won't let me start a thread or post. Nm just figured that part out. Made new name and now waiting for email

Last edited:

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
I have not figured it out yet. Full throttle won't send me an email so I can't ask questions. I am working on it tomorrow. Pray to the car gods for me. Haha

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
You might wanna pm cajunkenny he helped me with my setup..... And I might be able to help as well... any questions you have I can try and help with....I would start going through all your settings... Making sure everything is correct

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
I reset the ecu and it threw code 11(power issue to ecu) reset again and it threw same codes as before but no code 11. (I unplugged the maft pro and repluged it up stock. ) still nothing.
Things I did find out
getting .1 volt to Igt wire while cranking
Igf gets 5 volts
Cps ohms are reading a little high but mm was reading high on other things 190ohms on cps per tsrm

Last edited:

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
All power wires have 12v at ecu and all grounds seem to be good but just incase I ran a ground wire to the batt

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
I know when I was doing mine everyone said that both maft pro and stock computer get same ground and power.... I Don't think that will solve your issue though.... Are you sure your settings are correct on your maft pro? If you are sure you wired it correctly then that would be what seems most likely

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
And you checked your fuzes? Sorry if this is duh stuff..... Just trying to rule out easy stuff cause this seems like it should be simple

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Maybe someone else can chime in because this doesn't seem to be a maft related issue as much as a digging around under the dash issue lol

it was working great before you started the install? Maybe your pin got pulled too far out of the connector to make contact in the ecu?

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
I Really don't want to do this but I have a friend who has good extra parts. Ecu, cps and igniter. I am going to replace them all and if it doesn't work then it has to be wiring some where. Will do this weekend and will let you know what I find out. I really hate being a parts changer just to figure something out but I just can't figure it out

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
I figured it out, with out changing parts. The connection from ecu to cps wiring was loose. I took the ecu apart and checked for cps ohms (inside the ecu) got 200 on one and flickering connection on the other two. Used a rubber band to hold them, so that they got connection (200ohms on both). Reset ecu and bam it's alive

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, the connection at the cps is bad?
If so, go to Driftmotion. They sell a new connector if you need one.

Glad you figured this out.
:)