MAFT Pro upgrade from 4.89 to 5.03..... problems.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Hey,

I've posted this over at FullThrottle too, but figured it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone here had this issue.

CRE said:
I'm having an issue here. If I reflash to 4.89g , my prior version, the car runs great. If I flash to 5.03 or the beta of 5 that I've got my idle goes rich as hell (AFRs in the 10's), idle speed jumps by 750RPM, and I go lean when as I lean in on the throttle.

Thing is, PTT is disabled, stock ECU's supposed to be aiming for 14.7 and trying to adjust my tune makes NO difference that I can see.

Any ideas? I've compared settings between the flashes and tried entering everything fresh. What else changed?

The only thing I can think of is that something was erroneously changed in the Toyota VAF output scaling when version 5 was built.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
I had lots of problems when I was first setting up my MAFTPRO, i just flashed to 4.80 and it started working better. You might as well just flash back to the previous version til the new versions bugs get worked out.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Yeah, I already flashed back... plenty of people running this version without problems though. I'll wait and see if anyone else had issues with it. Otherwise, I guess I'm waiting on Bob.