MAFT-Pro Tuning Thread Unofficial and Uncensored

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
ok heres some info im looking at which might be the things i need to figure out. on my wideband unit there two output that im not sure 100% which one would be the better to use. one is afr configurable output the other is afr m series linear output. currently i have the linear output connected to the maftpro orange wire which is the wideband input. also on the version of the maftpro i have (4.65) i see there are two settings that have aem on them in the afr source config area. i have it set to aem 5v aem gauge. the other one is aem interface. so what u think?

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
on the maftpro head unit it shows the same afr readings that the laptop shows (10ish) but on the wideband unit im seeingg 14ish afr reading. mind u the wb o2 is fine. the thing is only a few months old. no race fuel used on it. this is with the engine not up to normal operating temps if u needed to know that tidbit of info

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
atlpd3147;1189510 said:
on the maftpro head unit it shows the same afr readings that the laptop shows (10ish) but on the wideband unit im seeingg 14ish afr reading. mind u the wb o2 is fine. the thing is only a few months old. no race fuel used on it. this is with the engine not up to normal operating temps if u needed to know that tidbit of info

i had a similar problem with mine(lc-1 wideband) i used both outputs of my wideband, one for maft pro one for wideband. maft said like 8 or 9, gauge said 14, so i just spliced the wire from the maft and gauge together. and make sure they got the same grounds. exact smae now, not sure if this is you problem.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
dumbo;1190091 said:
i had a similar problem with mine(lc-1 wideband) i used both outputs of my wideband, one for maft pro one for wideband. maft said like 8 or 9, gauge said 14, so i just spliced the wire from the maft and gauge together. and make sure they got the same grounds. exact smae now, not sure if this is you problem.
im sorry i really dont fully understand what u meant? did u just combine both wideband outputs from your wideband and connect them the the maftpro wideband signal input?

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
atlpd3147;1190419 said:
im sorry i really dont fully understand what u meant? did u just combine both wideband outputs from your wideband and connect them the the maftpro wideband signal input?

sorry. what i meant was i took the wire(just the one) from my wideband output and soldered it to my wb gauge and maft. basically so both units get the same voltage ie same signal:)

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
Ok my wideband is actually a plx r-500 it has a wideband output wire and that's the wire that I have going into the maftpro wideband input wire. I will check my wiring to make sure I don't have any loose connections.

Last edited:

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
I've been working at my wideband reading issue for the past few days and so far the progress I've made has been sort of minor. I've gotten some progress. 1st off when I first turn on the car the maftpro afr reading shows 14ish as does my wideband(cold motor). Then about a min or so the maft afr reading start to move toward the rich side slightly ahead of what my plx wideband shows but then everything seems to catch up and both read within a few tenths of eachother. Now several mins from that point the afr reading on the maftpro seem to hold steady at 15.6:1 but the plx unit is still showing 14ish but swaying a bit 14.2 to 14.9 or so. Now here's the funky part. I could give the throttle a quick jab and I see the plx unit going lean like it should and bouncing back to the 14ish range but the afr reading on the maftpro doesn't budge. Now mind you the vf reading move accordingly with that jab but the afr numbers on the maftpro don't move at all. I'm not sure what it can be. I checked the ground for the mafpro and plx unit and they are solid. I've redone them several times thinking that it was the problem. I even moved the ground point from the chassis to the block and that didn't do anything. I checked to make sure ptt on the maft was off. I noticed that the idle afr and rpm on the ptt parameters were set high so I changed them to 0 so they could be off. But still no change. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
The maftpro and plx share the same ground wire. Just wanted to point that out.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
real quick question. the maftpro has a black wire connected to the E1 computer ground. now theres another ground for the maftpro that needs to get connected to the wideband ground wire. should i take maftpro/wideband ground wires and have them share the same E1 computer ground so all the grounds go to the same E1 ground? i think thats the problem im having with my wd and maftpro sensor page readings not showing the same numbers.

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
I was having the same problem. Check out this thread:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60658

atlpd3147;1201794 said:
real quick question. the maftpro has a black wire connected to the E1 computer ground. now theres another ground for the maftpro that needs to get connected to the wideband ground wire. should i take maftpro/wideband ground wires and have them share the same E1 computer ground so all the grounds go to the same E1 ground? i think thats the problem im having with my wd and maftpro sensor page readings not showing the same numbers.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
problem is still there but to a lesser extent. i will check the wiring and some other stuff. i would like some clarification on part throttle disengagement. how do you turn if off? i mean which parameters need to be adjusted and what settings are need to be entered. i want to make sure that isnt giving me my issues. thanks

pukindog

Dec 18, 2008
Nashville
im not sure if this has been covered but what is the best method to wire the oxygen sensor? do i need both for the best performance,and if i go with wideband only will it throw a cel?

Shlongor

6483 DECM Helos
Aug 10, 2005
Illinois/Hawaii
www.marines.com
I wired up my AEM wideband and it's working but the MAFT Pro shows constant 10.0 AFR (default for no signal it seems). I have the AEM's blue wire (AFR output) wired into the MAFT Pro's orange wire (AFR input) and the MAFT Pro's free purple wire (AFR ground??) wired into the same ground circuit the AEM is using. I guess I need to go buy a digital multimeter and check continuity from the AEM connector (blue wire) to the MAFT Pro connector (orange wire). What kind of place would sell them? I didn't see one on my last trip to the local carquest and don't want to order online. Shipping things to this base is hit or miss. Never know where they are going to end up.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
I don't have any AEM documentation handy. But you can check the O2V reading on the Pro LCD to see what voltage is being received.

You have the wiring correct, but remember that there are 2 (different) purple wires.

Bob