maft pro and wideband

TomFraser

When I go to install my maft pro system I want a wideband installed with it for obvious reasons

can I remove the stock o2 sensor and use the bung for a wideband that hooks into the maft pro or does the ECU still need the o2 signal even after going maft?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Moy;1372890 said:
Still needs stock O2 sensor... maft pro is only a piggyback, afterall

Doesn't NEED it if the wideband like an LC1 can do it. (which it can)

I would run a stocker anyway, though.

TomFraser

installed maft pro and am beggining to understand the basics of tuning (learning as I go)

don't I want the o2 sensor removed so the ECU is not trying to mess with my tune in closed loop? If I understand correctly in open loop my tune will not be messed with, right?

levi1717

May 27, 2006
Corinth, Maine
What would be a good choice of wideband sensors? and also I would only need to buy the sensor as I'm just going to wire the two wires to my maft pro? thanks

levi1717

May 27, 2006
Corinth, Maine
so if i get the lc-1 wideband kit with the o2 sensor from hpf then i should have everything i need to hook it to my maftpro, sorry complete noob to the maft pro.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
levi1717;1387439 said:
What would be a good choice of wideband sensors? and also I would only need to buy the sensor as I'm just going to wire the two wires to my maft pro? thanks

no, the maftpro does not have a built in controller. so you cant buy just the sensor.

lc-1 works well. a few issues with their xd16 gauge.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I have my stock o2 unplugged, running the Lc-1 and Part throttle tracking. Also learning as I go. Getting better just takes a lot of tinkering for a good PTT tune.

People really shouldn't say you need the stock o2 sensor unless they have experience with the maft pro...:nono: