MAF-t question...

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
no its not another one of those stupid questions that have been answered alerady and i know how to use it. but do they make a harness for the unit?? im not afraid of wiring it striaght into the ecu but if i can make this a littl easier i would.

thanks
tom

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
Tom, umm.. maybe I hooked mine up wrong but if I recall there is just ONE wire to hook it up to the computer and the computer is very easy to take out and put a clip connector on the correct wire.

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
No Rakkasan, there is ONE wire to the computer, one sketch is for pre 89 and one is for after. If your hooking up multiple wires to the computer from your MAFT then you might wanna go back and do some serious reading.

Last edited:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
PorterzSupra said:
No Rakkasan, there is ONE wire to the computer, one sketch is for pre 89 and one is for after. If your hooking up multiple wires to the computer from your MAFT then you might wanna go back and do some serious reading.

Ummm, what about the HAC wire?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Isn't the HAC really only needed in higher or changing elevations?
Like I live right on the coast and rarely bring my car into the mountains or higher elevations...

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
but what if i dont want to run wires all the wire to the senor wire in the engine bay cant i just wire everything straight to the ecu. Little tighter to get to but cleaner in the end. thanks for all the replies fo r for guys. oh and kinda figured there was no harness.

tom

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
I imagine you could eliminate 3 MAF wires, 1 ECU and 1 HAC wire by doing that but the wires still have to plug into the GM sensor from the MAFT box so your still gonna have that sensor harness in the engine bay