Machine Shops in YOUR area!

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1103

Meets that thread for what needs to be done.

OXFORD, ALABAMA

Brother's machine shop.

Ask for Benny, he built mine, and he did a fantastic job! All clearances to TSRM specs, uses Clevite77's or bearings of YOUR choice. Will use any parts you bring him, and is up front with all charges, and will notify you if there are any additional costs. Only downside, if you need to turn your crank/cam repolish/refinish needs to be taken across the border to Georgia, but in my area, this is the best shop. (Note, Benny is no longer working here :( )

One negative, is that they do not use a torque plate when they hone cylinders, ALWAYS ask for this no matter where you go! I've used HKS and Cometic metal headgaskets with no issues at all from their resurfacing.

He did do a fantastic job on my 7MGTE.

We need to know who can rebuild our motors to spec, and has a good reputation.

I'll provide a number when I get back to the states on 7 Aug 06.

For rehoning, resurfacing, rebuilding the bottom end, installing ARP hardware and cutting the rods, cleaning, putting together the ENTIRE shortblock, total came to $744.

darkspeed

Supramania Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
Montgomery, AL
www.pbase.com
Cylinder Head Exchange in Montgomery, AL

Good for the basic stuff, not so sure about performance-oriented machining. The honed, decked, and some detailed cleanup on my 6M-GE. Not happy about the headwork (oil leaks), but it's taken 350 whp / 395 wtq for the last year or so. Prices are good

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Blacks Machine Shop in Jasper, Al.

He completely rebuilt my head, ported, polished for $200.00
I'll post up the number later when I find my buisiness card.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I think I have one in my wallet. I'll look for it today and post his number this afternoon. Hopefully I still have one. His shop is called Blacks Machine Shop and it's in Jasper Al.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
goldenshamrock machine shop 336-785-9945
winston salem, nc
they build the engines for toyotas trophy trucks and the engines for the rolex series cars. they have been working for nascar for years. i have had lots of work done by them at good prices and the work is always top notch. if toyota trust them so do i.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
hey i need a good machine shop to resurface my head for a 7m. not afraid to travle. just do not want cheap work done. any where around hunstsville or b-ham would work. thanks

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
MA70witBoost said:
good job with making this a sticky thread racerx, anyone know of any good shops in the miami area?

South Florida Machine Shop off of Bird Road and the Palmetto Exp. Ask for Phil (older guy) been doing machine work for EVER and REALLY knows his shit. Does Domestics as well as imports. 305-266-7900

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
D&A machine shop, Canton, Georgia.
They decked my cylinder head, bored/honed my block for forged pistons, resized my rods, and polished my crank. Haven't finished the engine yet, so dunno exactly how good the work was, but it looks pretty nice. Their prices are reasonable for sure.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
IMHO in Tuscaloosa Al, Morgan's Machine Shop on Jaybird Road. He did all the work on my motor and Iwould not take my motor anywhere else.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
didnt you have a stoker kit installed?

labrat469 said:
IMHO in Tuscaloosa Al, Morgan's Machine Shop on Jaybird Road. He did all the work on my motor and Iwould not take my motor anywhere else.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
No the crank was stroked .010/.010 when I got it. My friend at H&M Customs helped me put the motor together. Morgan did all the machine work on the block and head.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
southern cylinder in hunstville. did a great job on my head. took out alot of pitting on the head. also the finsh was great. without taking about off the tickness. even picked up my head at my shop in scottsboro (about 50 mi away) and dropped it back off. free of charge. all togather it coast me 300 with new valve seals. 250 with out. anyone need their number shot me a pm.

MD_Co

Jun 6, 2011
North Carolina
Does anyone know of a reputable (toyota) engine builder in Asheville NC or Charlotte NC? I'm living in asheville but have access to shop space in Charlotte as well. There's got to be someone in Charlotte, but Asheville would be more convenient.

I can probably use Golden Shamrock Enterprises in Winston-Salem, but I'm curious about other places as well.