Machine shop in NY for metal headgasket prep. Please help

D51208

Apr 22, 2014
Oswego
I am looking for a quality reputable machine shop to deck my block and resurface my head to acceptable r/a and other tolerances for a stopper style metal Head gasket. I have searched and asked this question in regional forum but did not find anything. I just had some work done by my local machine shop for some Subaru heads and I was not impressed. I don't mind venturing out. But I want this done right. Anyone know of any place good in NY? I'm located in Oswego.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I had it machined by Jim Thomas behind Kolorcraft in Syracuse NY but some pits were left around the cooling jackets and cylinders. He said it was fine, I wanted it smooth. I ended up taking a day off of work and driving down to North East Auto Machine in CT because they're familiar with the 7M (and 2JZ) and have decked them before. They took a couple thousandths off and not only were all the pits gone but it was a lot smoother.

D51208

Apr 22, 2014
Oswego
I appreciate that information. My girl friend lives about an hour from there so maybe that will be doable. Anyone else have any place they would reccomend?

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
maybe to far away, but I have very good experiance with:
Fischer Automotive Machine Inc
Auto Parts Store
Address: 73 Meadow Rd, Edison, NJ 08817
Phone:(732) 985-1323

Both for 7m adn 2jz.

Maybe to far, but hes good

Thefox

Mar 19, 2013
Syracuse, NY
I had my shortblock freshened up by Bloss Machine in Kirkville (east of Syracuse). They cleaned up the head but I'm not going to a metal gasket so they didn't have to machine it as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Walt @ Head's Up Machine in High Falls does incredible work. He's a bit pricey, and there's a decent wait time, too.