ma70 voltage drop batterylight+cat light on?

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
so was out for a drive tonight and went to look out my mirrors and realised thay had folded themselfs in (cars jdm) so pressed to unfold then they wouldn't go all the way out then just back and forth till I got pissed and shoved them into place by hand whilst still driving.

Then a minute later the dash started to flicker accel got bright then decel dull then the battery light and another warning light cam on that looks like a pipe with wavy lines above it don't know what that ones for. checked voltage on my ecu display(linkecu standalone) was at 11.9v

got shitty gave it some gas around the round about battery light went off and voltage jumped back to 14.7 next roundabout I gave it some gas in celebration this time lol and the battery light came back on voltage instantly dropped so I went home no change for the rest of trip both warning lights stayed on. the alt belt ect is all intact

I do have a parasitic drain somewere in the car im yet to track down is it possible they are related or its it more than likely just a fubared alternator

And what is the pipe light is it a cat warning light I have no cat and the wires were just cut for it maybe they are shorting?

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Idk about the cat light but mine was doing the same thing so I just put a new alt in it. Upon inspection the brushes were almost non exsistant.