MA70 - KW Swaybars - Am I the only one?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am putting KW Sway bars on my 88 Supra.

Odd thing... the shop found them for me, but the web doesn't show they exist. Looking for a spec sheet for comparison and will know how they perform (more or less) on Tuesday.

Anyone else have these or heard of them?

- Fronts (compared to stock) -

20150327_115210.jpg
20150327_115158.jpg
20150327_115142.jpg

- Rears (when I get the pics) -

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am indeed the only one it seems. lol.

These things are beefier than the originals for sure and now that they are on the car, I know why people say you need to upgrade the stock sways.

Amazing the feel of these cars in a corner with proper sway bars. KW Swaybars came in at 475.00 CDN which was over 200.00 less than Whites and Tanabe (where I live). Nobody that I have talked to have heard of them.

Talking to my shop guy, he had to do a little playing in the rear to get it to fit and had to remove a intercooler pipe while installing the fronts, but they went on fine. Just thought I would post it for anyone who is looking at options. Very pleased.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Nice. I might send them an email and see how much a set would be for me. I'm thinking about doing this to my car. It should improve the performance, but keep the stockish look I'm going for. Thanks for the follow up!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I need to find someone local with Tanabe or white sways to drive my car. I know to me it feels 100% better, especially on fast curves, but in comparison I wonder if there's a difference. Tge price difference initially made me a bit leery, but KW seems to make quality product.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
I opted for the tried and true ST Sway Bars. Was a little over $300 just for the bars. Don't regret it for one moment. They really add so much additional rigidity that it's definitely worth the cost.

Of course when coupled with new springs and shocks the Supra feels like a whole new machine.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Now that you mention it, there was a suspicious ST sticker on my seat that I couldn't figure out. Maybe KW market STs under their name? I will look further into that.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I was going to say that a little while ago but I know nothing about KW. The color of these looks just like my ST bars.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
kw does not list any sway bars for any car on there site. doubt they would make a 1 off for the mk3 considering they have no intentions of making a coilover for the mk3.