LSD Rear diff question

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Well my differential seems to need a rebuild. I would like to do the work myself just to learn another area of my car anyway. What I need is a rebuild kit for my lsd and I was wondering where to go and what brands to get. I might get an extra LSD from another supra to build and was also wondering the differences in the gearing from year to year. All your input is greatly appreciated!:biglaugh:

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
There is a fair amount of information on here regarding LSD's. I don't think I have ever seen a complete teardown/rebuild thread though :dunno:

IIRC you should have a 3.73 ratio in your car. Other MKIII's had 3.92's or 4.30's.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
dugums said:
There is a fair amount of information on here regarding LSD's. I don't think I have ever seen a complete teardown/rebuild thread though :dunno:

IIRC you should have a 3.73 ratio in your car. Other MKIII's had 3.92's or 4.30's.
Thanks! Yea I have not found a rebuild thread yet, but I guess I should take pics for all to see when I do mine. I was trying to avoid my local dealership as they love price jacking and none of my local parts stores have anything for me.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The side shafts are a bit different for the Torsen vs the USDM clutch type LSD's.