Lowering Springs lift?!

TurboJoe

Feb 21, 2009
Springfield, MO
Well, slightly pissed off. Installed some Eibach pro-kit springs and it lifted my whole rear end. Anyone ever heard of this? I got the right part (numbers) but could they be cut wrong or something? Any ideas?

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
not trying to be a jerk, but are you absolutely sure it raised the rear end? I mean like did you do before and after measurements?

TurboJoe

Feb 21, 2009
Springfield, MO
No I am sure. Its completely visible and I measured from the fender to the floor and its .9 inches higher than stock. I called eibach and the best they could tell me was to retorque my bushing bolt. So I loosened the nut, drove around the block and tightened it. Didnt change anything. I verified all the right parts are on and everything is assembled. Any other ideas? I've been driving it the last 3 days and its still pretty up there, havent measured since.

mk3_supra

Jun 14, 2006
vancouver
lintlars;1568228 said:
did you put the front springs in the rear? Im not kidding I had a friend do this on his civic his front end was dropped but his rear was sky high

Was thinking the same thing. Have you checked this?

kHaNg

Like FAtHer Like SoN
Apr 17, 2007
Mass
THe front is thin and the rear is thick bigger circumfrence. Make sure you use an air gun to tighten the middle bolt on top of the strut tower.

TurboJoe

Feb 21, 2009
Springfield, MO
No, I called Eibach and checked the part numbers and everything. Checked the struts and they're correct too. Funny story, I was told that the rear struts in Monroe are the same, believed them and randomly selected two, which both happened to be rears, put them on with the front springs. The front lip was a good inch and a half off the ground. It was rubbing before I even got out of my driveway. ha. Anywayssss......

PICS! Here's how she sat a few weeks before. Stock everything except wheels.
p1568483_1.jpg

p1568483_2.jpg

After, today, lookin like a truck. DonkasaurusREX!
p1568483_3.jpg

p1568483_4.jpg

p1568483_5.jpg

p1568483_6.jpg

It really does look a lot worse in person. And this is after about 6 days of being finished and driven..

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Looks like the front is in the rear and vise versa. Take some pics of the rear spring.

The spring thats this wide --------------------------------------------- goes in the front.
The coils that are --------- go in the front

the one thats ------------------------------------------------------------------- goes in the rear.
The coils that are ------ go in the rear.

(rough guess not actual)