Lower control arm Q

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
Hey guy's took my car to get it aligned and the les shwab guy said it couldn't be done because the ears that hold the cam on the bolt were flared out. Heres a pick for reference, don't think it's a supra but it'll give an idea of what the hell I'm talking about:crazy1:cam_bolts_installed.jpg

Any recommendations for repairing the tabs? The car is oddly still aligned currently even after the eibachs and new shocks. Still though it would be nice to be able to get my car aligned in the future.:biglaugh:

Thanks!

Ian

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Either that or get a whole new subframe, which is probably what a stupid run-of-the-mill shop like les shwab would suggest. With my car I just bent the ear things back into place. Welding new metal on would be easy. Not a hard piece of metal to duplicate.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Usually the ears bend when the cam bolts are seized in the bushings and someone trys to turn them. I would first check that the bolts can be removed before I spent effort on fixing the ears.

If they are seized there are plenty of threads here about how to rectify the nightmare.

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
3p141592654;1888021 said:
Usually the ears bend when the cam bolts are seized in the bushings and someone trys to turn them. I would first check that the bolts can be removed before I spent effort on fixing the ears.

If they are seized there are plenty of threads here about how to rectify the nightmare.

Hopefully they are not seized. Thanks everyone for the replies! I now feel much better about fixing it myself.