low idle and burnin oil...help?

7mgte_supra

The Hmong Guy
Nov 4, 2006
chico, Ca
When i start my car it idles fine and everything, but once i start driving and coming to a stop. My car will idle very low and sometime make my car stalls. When it's idling low there's white smoking coming out of my exhaust, does anyone know what might be the problem? I was thinking the coolant temp sensor to the ecu, after changing that my car starting have this problem. I put back the stock and still does it.. help?

nhum

Consequence
Aug 25, 2005
VA
White smoke sounds like blown head gasket. Chek your coolant to see if there's any oil mixed in it.

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
nhum;1098235 said:
Chek your coolant to see if there's any oil mixed in it.

To further specify, white smoke is coolant... and oil in your coolant will tell you if your oil has been contaminated with coolant and thus possible major engine damage.

7mgte_supra

The Hmong Guy
Nov 4, 2006
chico, Ca
it's not coolant because it's not a sweet smile..i just did a headgasket job... stock head gasket with arp studs.. it's only at very low idles then white smokes comes out...and i've check my coolant..it's at same level.. even my cousin said it's not coolant..he's a car maniac.. well thanks though..

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I was thinking turbo seals as well....but that wouldn't make your car stall out. Have you checked your codes.....that would be a good start!

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
nhum;1100060 said:
Could it be as simple as bad GASOLINE?

Like old gas? And no if by bad you mean cheap... cheap gas burns faster and should make you car run better but Detonates since it burns easier, so only under boost is cheap gas not good unless you have a good tune for lower octane gas.

Cheap gas is the exact same gas as premium, you are paying for additives that also add higher resistance to burn (octane) and thus more control.

Pantaloon007

Permanent Ban
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas
NeatOman;1101142 said:
cheap gas burns faster and should make you car run better but Detonates since it burns easier, so only under boost is cheap gas not good unless you have a good tune for lower octane gas.

Are you Yogi Berra?? Octane is octane and if you buy gas from a discount retailer dont be surprised if your octane isnt what was advertised.

if you are burning oil at idle and its a low idle you should check your turbo for excessive play. Youre probably getting old oil feeding into your intake. Is it after a hard pull on a cold motor you get this phenomenon? Does it clear after a few minutes? Are you straight stock or do you have some mods?

If its oil burning all the time, then its time to do your rebuild