low-cost brake bling

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
If you're going to post that rotor slots and holes do nothing for braking, make the rotor more susceptible to warping and cracking, then just stop. That is all true, but it is also true that they look pretty and that's the point of this thread. Also, this is no substitute for a BBK so I don't want to hear about that either.

These rotors are from brakeperformance.com and are about half the cost of other drilled/slottted rotors. I had my doubts, but ordered some since my rotors were warped and I needed new ones. They are e-coated, your choice of black or silver, I chose silver. I was surprised that after a rainstorm even the braking surface doesn't rust, but that may be because I haven't worn away the e-coating completely yet. So far I am pretty happy with these, they are smooth and there is very little of the usual whine from the slots under hard braking.

p1683779_1.jpg

p1683779_2.jpg

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
How do you find their brake pads? I see a set comes with them free aswell, did you upgrade to one of the premium pads? Also did you get the premium or standard rotors?

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
www.R1concepts.com looks good too. I got the standard cross-drilled and slotted rotors, not the premium dimple and slotted rotors with pads.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

PureDrifter;1683844 said:
they use Centric blanks, what kind of blanks brakeperformance use?

They don't say, but they are SAE G10 grade so I don't anticipate problems.

SUPERIUM

Low Postage Member
Nov 29, 2005
Buffalo, NY
$170 for a pair I wouldnt consider low cost. I will stick with my $20 each raybestos rotors that I have to replace every 4-5yrs.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
The one's I have shown are $118 a pair. You are quoting the premium rotor/pad combo. For $40 you are getting plain rotors without pads with no e-coating that will be rusty looking in a month. That's hardly an apples to apples comparison.