loud fan sound... loss of power... help...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
I just noticed this today... my fan sounded extra loud and it felt as if it was robbing me of my power... anyone else ever had this happen...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
I checked that and it still spun without the motor on... so I just sprayed some multi purpose lube on it and still nothing...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
MDCmotorsports said:
Your fan clutch went out. Been there.

Replace it and enjoy.

how do I do that... replace the fan... or is it a part I can go get at autozone...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
MDCmotorsports said:
Time to go to the junkyard my friend.

NAPA has them for exchange...

Keep the plastic, exhange the clutch.

getting another fan won't be hard to get ahold of... I was just wondering if I could get the part easier at an auto parts store... I guess it's just a matter of me driving 15mins or 1hr and 15mins... thanx for the help...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
MDCmotorsports said:
Um no.

A fan clutch is not going to make or brake a 7m.

yeah but it has so far killed my gas mileage... but I guess the new 550's and my gm maft don't help out too much either...

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
One nice thing about Toyo fan clutches is they can be refilled. The dealer sells the fluid. A locked one will rob power but sure keeps the engine cool and does wonders for the high side AC pressure. Damn noisy though ;)

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
New fan clutch is $70 (lifetime warranty) from auto parts store, don't waste the time getting one from a junk yard and then if it is dead too, now you have two dead clutches and wasted time and money.

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
tubbie said:
New fan clutch is $70 (lifetime warranty) from auto parts store, don't waste the time getting one from a junk yard and then if it is dead too, now you have two dead clutches and wasted time and money.

I think I'm just going to go with an electric fan... and I need a new radiator so I might just replace that also...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
oh also I was having problems with my temp gauge working... and I'm not sure what it is... but I know my thermostat is new and it's opening... I just don't show it on the gauge inside... what would be some things I could check to eliminate this problem also...

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Ya go electric the stock clutch driven fan robs u of power:3d_frown:
:icon_bigg :icon_bigg GO ELECTRIC:icon_bigg :icon_bigg