Lots of blue smoke/misfire/ turbo?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Grandavi;2044657 said:
A melted hole is usually from running lean.

i was on the highway for a while and the car shut off on me. i was only going like 110 and i pull over popped the hood and there was smoke around the exhaust manifold, i heard a pop of air when i started it back up and it start to sound like it was running on 3 cyclinders.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
More pictures, wide angle, high resolution. I want to see the broken valve spring when he was going 110. This of course is conjecture on my part.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Oh, make sure you remove the cam caps in sequence per TSRM or you will snap a camshaft in half. You can't just unbolt them from front to back.
You didn't snap one did you?

yukioda

Jul 2, 2014
des moines
an update : was just was working on it ,took off the cams and i didnt snap it no worries. I got a good look but for a while. Only 1 exhaust vavles were bent on 4 and 6 . Its like some rubbery medal thingy sticking out? But also theres a crack in the head around cylinder 4 around the exhuast valve. But the head gaskets still good.ill try to get a vid or pics of it somtime on youtube. I didnt check the valves springs yet but ill update it. Been kinda lazy and busy but yeah ill get a vid soon or somthing

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, at a minimum, you need a new head, piston set and gasket set. Then some machine work.
If youre looking to get it on the road as soon as possible, then buying a good second hand motor is your best bet.
The fact that you melted a piston, tells me you may also have issues with fuel pressure, or a bad injector.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Congrats on doing your own work. I respect that. That rebuild is going to nickel and dime you to at least $1500. You'll be surprised how quickly and easily it'll add up even going the ebay route. Parts, gaskets, machine work, odds and ends you'll wanna fix/replace "while you're in there" will stack up in a hurry.
The first thing I would do is take that block to a machine shop and see how far they have to go on the bores to clean it up. Do that before you start investing in parts. You're going to need a new cylinder head as from the vid I see a couple of cracks have developed in it along with the valve and seat damage.

Or you can source another 7m as mentioned before. Maybe even go with a 2jzge na-t route many have taken over the years. You can get one of those engines from local salvage yards for a couple of bills. What's the plan?