Lost another shroud today

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I flew over two speed bumps today and the fan hit the shroud, broke two blades off the fan so I spent about 20 minutes pulling the shroud off in little pieces and had to drive to work with an unbalanced fan. While at work I used a hacksaw to take off the opposing two blades and balance was restored. Now I have to see if a motor mount broke loose and caused the fan to hit the shroud. Luckily the Koyo didn't get damaged, After it cools down I'll install my old NA fan blade back on and have one less car part for my wife to complain about laying around.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Turbo Habanero;1860775 said:
Yeah if i go more then 5 Feet per hour over a speed bump ill lose my front end even then i still scrap my mud flaps
Hahahaha! This is how I have to drive too, 4x4 diagonal technique for the win!

OP, sorry to hear of the incident, but I gotta ask, did you not see the thing? I've ran over a few in my time that weren't painted or made noticeable in any other way...

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
DSC_0066.jpgYeah I saw them too late, they were not painted and I tried braking quickly but still went about 35-40 mph over them. I had the notor mounts checked today and they are both broken. Dealer said they will have them on Saturday.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
That's what I figured happened... can't see someone on here being dumb enough to attack a speed bump head on. Now, the next question of mine would become, what sort of road would you be doing speeds in excess of 50mph (I'm guessing here, given your 35-40mph after quick braking estimate), would have speed bumps?

Only reason I can see for that, is if you're on a road that is commonly hauled ass on, in a neighborhood. Am I close? If not, I have no idea what a speed bump would be doing there...

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Speed bumps have no reasoning here, there are none on the expressways where the limit is 120 kph, the road I was on the speed limit is 80kph and its a backroad to a main road that has a speed limit of also 80kph. They usually put them before traffic circles. The road I go to work on where the speed limit is 80kph, they just made widened it to 2 lanes on each side they put speed bumps before every U turn even though most are gated off but have speed bump signs, this backroad doesn't have them
and the ones in residential areas do not either.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Didn't notice where you're located, probably a completely different traffic system there. Particularly if all the videos of the haglawah are any indication of what even SOMETIMES happens. :p