Loose Gas Pedal?

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
You can try adjusting the cable for your throttle that comes across the top half of your engine. You can see it in this picture just up and to the left of the BOV.

dsc0285s.jpg

There are two cables on there if you have cruise. Pretty easy to tell which one goes to the cruise control. Can't remember off the top of my head but follow it a foot or two and it will be really clear.

belair7mgte

Jul 30, 2009
Orlando, Florida
I tried, but all that did was raise my idle rpm, which was needed because just recently my car kept starting then dying shortly after =D

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
If the cable tighten didn't fix it, then your linkage is probably fubared. Get someone to cycle it with the hood open and check the play on the linkage. It should be pretty easy to trace the problem as there isn't that much to it. If there isn't any slop in the linkage, check the spring etc. gl.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Uuuuum adjusting idle with the trottle cable is bad!!! Something is wrong with you're car causing idle issues....don't bandaid fix! There is a seperate electronic valve becide the throttle that regulates idle speed. Check codes!!!