Looking To Have '91 Driving Light Mod Done...

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
I know... I read the SOGI method, but wiring and me don't really have a good time together. Anyone in the South Sound area (Puyallup, Tacoma) done the mod reliably that would maybe want to make a couple bucks doing it?? Just throwing it out there... Knowing my luck, I'd get the mod to work, but my damn wipers would stay on all the time or something...

Last edited:

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Rickstar22;1702387 said:
I know... I read the SOGI method, but wiring and me don't really have a good time together. Anyone in the South Sound area (Puyallup, Tacoma) done the mod reliably that would maybe want to make a couple bucks doing it?? Just throwing it out there... Knowing my luck, I'd get the mod to work, but my damn wipers would stay on all the time or something...

Not sure how quickly you are looking to get this done, but if you are willing to wait till I have a gap in my schedule and are willing to drive to Chehalis area, I would be glad to help you with the re-wire, I have a heated, well lit and dry location to work on it.

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
gottadiesel;1702394 said:
Not sure how quickly you are looking to get this done, but if you are willing to wait till I have a gap in my schedule and are willing to drive to Chehalis area, I would be glad to help you with the re-wire, I have a heated, well lit and dry location to work on it.

I've had the car for almost a year... a little while longer shouldn't hurt that much. I'm still working on getting the 14th off to get down there... I'll definitely be in touch for a better time though. Much appreciated...

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Sounds good, my goal would be to help you through it, so that you are more comfortable with making other modifications in the future. I would hate to see anyone scared of their electrical system, so would be glad to go over some basics so that you feel more comfortable with reading the diagrams and transferring what you see on paper to the physical wiring. We can talk on the 14th about your schedule so that you don't have to take time off... Do Sundays work for you?

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
gottadiesel;1702710 said:
Sounds good, my goal would be to help you through it, so that you are more comfortable with making other modifications in the future. I would hate to see anyone scared of their electrical system, so would be glad to go over some basics so that you feel more comfortable with reading the diagrams and transferring what you see on paper to the physical wiring. We can talk on the 14th about your schedule so that you don't have to take time off... Do Sundays work for you?

Sundays are my only days off of work (Hence the problem trying to get the 14th off), but I have Vacation time starting in June, so we can talk then about setting something up !!!

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
CajunKenny;1703277 said:
Certainly not to take away from any of the help offered...

http://gallery.sanitylapse.com/v/supra/Foglight+Rewire/

Hey Kenny, you did not take away at all, in fact you saved me the time of looking it up, that is if he would like my help, as I am sure further away... Anyway since I have an 88 and I no longer have stock wiring setup for fog light, not stock fog lights... So I would have had to go through the electrical schematic and confirm the proper process. So Thank You

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
dubsupra209;1703283 said:
i dont like it cause what about those times you dont want to be seen and your bright as fogs are on lol

You still control the fogs with the stock switch, flip it off and they turn off, flip it on and they're on, the only thing you're changing is you no longer have to have the headlights on for them to operate...

SRZMK3

RazoE;1703293 said:
You still control the fogs with the stock switch, flip it off and they turn off, flip it on and they're on, the only thing you're changing is you no longer have to have the headlights on for them to operate...

and that is cool as hell as your fine examples are ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
RazoE;1703293 said:

o shit most people i know there's is on when keys in the on position

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya it works like that. But the stock switch has to be on for that to happen.

I dont dig the whole fog lights on and everything of my self. Kinda eh. Not nearly as bad as the broken head lights tho.

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Personally, I have replaced my stock fog lights with dual 55 watt with a wider spectrum pattern... so if I am on the interstate with some additional lighting, I do not flip up my headlights at all... figure those things are far from aerodynamic, so I keep them down unless I am on a county road and need the extra light. But I am still using the stock fog light switch, but that circuit and switch are now pilot duty only, so I have a separate 20amp circuit that actually drives the fog lights. But I assume being a pre89, I did not have to modify for them to actuate without headlights...