Looking to change auto to manual.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yeah, you got jacked. Get your money back, man.
Which yard did you deal with? If they don't have the right tranny, try Jarco inc. in Canton. They import ALOT of 7m stuff.

Count Knobula

Jan 31, 2007
Atlanta
Looks like they pulled the wrong tranny. I got the turbo one.

Bad news it's missing the actual shifter and the clutch fork. Could be worse. Anyone know if I can get those at parts stores?

Count Knobula

Jan 31, 2007
Atlanta
GETTING CLOSER TO THE SWAP!

I have:
R154 + Bellhousing
Clutch kit
Flywheel
Clutch fork
Clutch pedal
Master and slave cylinders
Shifter

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED?

I've seen "wing brackets" mentioned, what are they how do I get them or do I have them already on my auto perhaps?

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Count Knobula;1028691 said:
GETTING CLOSER TO THE SWAP!

I have:
R154 + Bellhousing
Clutch kit
Flywheel
Clutch fork
Clutch pedal
Master and slave cylinders
Shifter

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED?

I've seen "wing brackets" mentioned, what are they how do I get them or do I have them already on my auto perhaps?
One of the wing brackets is different on the R154. I just completed my swap this weekend and it's still fresh in my mind. I'd recommend you buy the braided clutch line from driftmotion, it saved me a lot of time and headache.

The N/A flywheel is different. Check the TSRM, it's got rivets in different spots when compared to the turbo flywheel. I should know, I accidentally got one from a member on this board when he shipped the wrong one.

The R154 is a factory piece and fits up to the motor exactly the same. Make sure you do NOT put the shims that are behind the automatic flywheel back on! Carl on Supraforums did this and had to remove it all just because he left those pieces in.

It's really a rather easy swap. There's no cutting or fabricating needed, everything looks factory when you're finished, too. Just check the TSRM section on removing and installing the transmission before you do anything. Read the whole thing front to back.

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
Here's a fairly complete list:

master cylinder
slave clyinder
master to slave clutch line (driftmotion 1 piece stainless braded line)
transmission
driveshaft
engine-tranny wing bracket (one side is different, can't remember which)
clutch pedal assembly
brake pedal
flywheel with bolts
clutch disk and pressure plate with bolts
throw out bearing and associated washers
shifter w/good bushings (and a shift knob)
shifter boot
minor wiring (more wiring if you want a neutral safety switch)
I think the auto speedo cable will work
and some tranny fluid

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70863

Count Knobula

Jan 31, 2007
Atlanta
If I'm talking the same thing here I have the cylinder lines from the donor car already.

Where can I get the wing bracket I need?

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
Count Knobula;1028767 said:
If I'm talking the same thing here I have the cylinder lines from the donor car already.

Where can I get the wing bracket I need?

The wing bracket...from a junkyard or somebody on here

Wing bracket: (there's one just like it on the other side, don't know which one is wrong)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Count Knobula

Jan 31, 2007
Atlanta
TaSe;1031027 said:
i will see if i have a spare bracket

That would be really helpful. I don't want to buy the wrong thing. And thanks billspreston01, the pic wouldn't show for me at work but now I see it.

Can anyone help my with getting the exact correct bracket?

Count Knobula

Jan 31, 2007
Atlanta
Bump. Sorry. I want to put an ad in the supra parts wanted section but I'd like to be able to make it specific enough. Is that picture of exactly what I need?

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
I'm not sure which side it is. Just buy the pair and you'll be able to figure it out.
There's 2 bolt holes in the bracket where you bolt it to the block. The thickness of the bracket where those holes are is the difference.