Looking for these wheels

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I don't think you're going to find them in 5-lug. I'm pretty sure the Old school Z guys had them make some better sizes and offsets in 17's, but they were probably all 4-lug.

Look into real Watanabes or Panasports, you can find used ones for decent pricing.

Do you have any pics of that style wheel on a Supra. I've always loved Wats, but I don't know if they would look that good on a Supra.

Tim

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i've never seen a set of those anywhere above 16''... most are used by drift and honda dudes because there 4 lug and have high offsets plus low rim width...

if you manage to find a set, post the link, because more than likely they'll also have other rims.

rbwheels.com is a good place though, could try emailing them and see what they say.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
As what's already been said...

I've never seen that style of wheel any larger than a 16".

To be honest, I don't know how they'd look on a MK3.

I know they'd look great on a MK2 with a lowered stance...but I'd certainly have to question them on a MK3.

Jeff

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
good luck as according to that website the largest they are made in for our bolt pattern is 15 x 8.0 +12 4h x 114.3. With that offset its not going to fit. Ugly rims imho

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
With that bolt pattern, they aren't going to fit either.

And they do make these in 17s, check out HybridZ, they had a big group buy on them. But they're 4-lug.

The real Wats were made in bigger sizes are well. I just saw a set of 17x9+25 for sale. I don't think I've ever seen the RS-8 in 18's though. But I don't know if I like how the bigger ones lookk. 15 and 16" wats look amazing on corollas and 240s without real agressive aero and a bunch of other cars.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
gaboonviper85;1056496 said:
What has been seen cannot be unseen : (

Those wheels make my penise sad.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: !!!

Speaking of these rims, and penises.......(and little balls)

NWS?........... :biglaugh:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nothing wrong with Rotas... (they supply some of the OEM's)

Don't tell me "because they break," because I've seen broken sawblades too. Hit a curb at 60 at a large wheel with low profile tires is gonna bend/break

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I talked about this in another thread recently. I'm sure Rota probably worked out most of the kinks... but I'd rather get not so cheap wheels ( Universal lug nuts just says I'm ebay crap to me, which most ROTA's are. ).

But hey I'm picky on that stuff.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
LOL, I've seen high end wheels drilled in the areas where the second set of lug nuts would be.

It's weight savings dooooood :D

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Tho's are watanabe knock offs.Your not going to find a knock off or a real one in 5 lug.Tho's wheel are seem on AE86's,240's and these days hondas.

But.....I did find this for you

maybe theres hope....and who new they don't look have bad on a supra

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I don't care what brand they are. I just like them. I have found some in 17's and in five lug that would fit the Supra, but they had no lip. I think I'll just get them for my 86 corolla when I get it. Thanks for all the info.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
Yup I rock Rota's on my mk3 as does Iceberg (the original that turned me on to them)

Been on the car for over 2 years now of near constant abuse and still look great. Only gripe I have about them is I can't find center caps to fit! They are also stamped with their weight limits (675 kg ~= 1477lbs per corner) which is well within the weight of the Supra I think.

That said any rim can crack. Over on the IS forums they have a few thereads on the L-Tuned wheels that came on the IS300 that are cracked all the way around the hub. The wheels were made by Rays and then in rebadged as L-Tuned. I run them on my Sportcross without issue.