Looking for LIPP Turbo Elbow Specifications

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before, but in searching I couldn't find anything definitive. (Other than most everyone prefers no elbow at all!)

I am hoping to learn the specifications of the SupraSport LIPP Turbo Elbow so that I can best decide if I should post a WTB thread for one.

From my research, it appears to be correct size to replace the stock elbow, bolts directly to the CT-26, and has all the mounting points for the stock turbo heat shield.

The big thing I could not find any info on is the size of its outlet. Is it the stock size? Or is it larger? (I would really like to know if the HKS downpipe can be used with it.)

Thanks in advance!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It mounts directly to the turbine like the stock elbow. The difference is stock piece opening is the same size as the turbine, and does not account for the wastegate. The LIPP unit is open.

p1050818.jpg

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
I actually bought a BIC DDP three years ago, but since it doesn't have the mounting points for the stock heat shield I cannot use it in my car. (I want things as close to stock as possible, so losing that heat shield is a deal breaker.)

Thanks for the great pic of the elbow Nick, I miss your cool Ohio plate image though! (Because Ohio is the best!)

Can you confirm that the LIPP elbow outlet (to the down pipe) size is the same as the stock turbo elbow? That is the one piece of data I haven't been able to get any concrete information on.

(Also, you don't want to sell that beautiful specimen you posted the picture of do you?)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
loc182;2078348 said:
Can you confirm that the LIPP elbow outlet (to the down pipe) size is the same as the stock turbo elbow? That is the one piece of data I haven't been able to get any concrete information on.

In my opinion, it is a replica of the HKS sport turbo pieces. So yes, it bolts to the turbine and down pipe. Or an aftermarket down pipe when they say it is compatible with the stock elbow. Mine is not for sale. It is on the Boss Jr.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
HKS downpipe. There are better choices, but the price was right. And it is better than many that out flow it because it has the flex joint.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
rofl why the heck would they do that... special deal on 2.5'' flex joints that day probably.. lol any flex joint matched to the pipe correctly will be larger than the pipe itself at least ones the top suppliers in the US make.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Thanks again Nick and SupraDrew for the great pics and info!

Thanks also to everyone else for the other comments. If welding was easy for me I might consider it, but my car is just an old auto that I want to keep as stock looking as possible.

The LIPP elbow fits the bill perfectly for my needs, and had I done better research I would have bought it instead of the BIC DDP three years ago. Live and learn :)

Last edited: