Looking for a paint shop

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I don't know about Tennesse, but here what you're looking to do is an expensive paint job. Bodywork (even minor), body kit, color change, and high quality paint from a reputable shop with warranty will run run an easy $7000.

Shops that do insurance work and have a reputation to uphold is only good if your worked is paid by a powerhouse insurance company that "guarantees your satisfaction, or it gets done again." If you're just a walk-in paying cash you're on your own, and good luck with that.

There are guys out there who do side jobs, but no warranty whatsoever. Chances are they will use cheap ass paint to maximize their profit margin. Careful when supplying them your own paint cause they'll keep your expensive materials for themselves and use cheap shit for your primer, sealer, & clears. They'll use your basecoat though, you wouldn't know the difference on the rest of the paint materials. I'm not saying all side jobs guys do this, but I've seen/heard quite a few that do.

Good luck on whichever you choose to do.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
Still, 5k is steep no matter how you cut it. Im getting my 86.5 stripped to metal, maybe 3 tiny dings fixed and the whole car painted (including sills, etc) for $2k. I'm pulling off all the lights, trim, and moulding before it goes in. Doing that ahead of time won't save me any money in prep charges but it will give me a real hand in the quality of the result knowing no one is taping off all that stuff for me.