hey guys im lookin to get 400hp out of my 7MGTE heres the thing
how close would i get using the following:
KN FIPK intake
3" downpipe with elbow
3"Test Pipe
Blitz Nur Spec 3" exhaust
stock Ct26 say around 11psi
and about a 60 shot of nitrous

mark at suprastore said that 11psi with a 60 shot of nitrous is all he would recommend before i go upgrading rods and what not naturally i have to replace my HG my current one might be blown but i duno id have to test it i have my theories, but yeah to run a 60 shot of nitrous what kind of MHG would u guys recommend and torque wise would u say 80lbs would be fine? with this setup how close do you think i could get to hitting 400hp?

i am aware with the downpipe and test pipe it would technically make this car off road only but i live in florida and the cops here dont care

what u guys think?

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
yes i am aware of this lol i just wana see it done otherwise im just gona keep my stock HG and torque it down more but say without nitrous and i have the KN fipk 3" test, down, exhaust running 11psi on stock CT26 how much power u think ill get?

im only lookin for like 300-350rwhp since i live in orlando and everyone here is pretty much a ricer

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
the engine was just rebuild about 20k mi ago and the turbo was rebuilt as well about the same, i dont wana run past 11-12psi in case it blows on me, however they previous owner said he rebuilt the turbo and spend 1000 bucks on it so i think he either got ripped off or got it upgraded, only problem is i dont know what trim and i havent removed the turbo to check for machine marks but if it is stock and rebuilt running 11psi and i get hi 200s as you say if i went to like 13psi what u think id hit? i dont wana go much higher because of the fact that once u go much higher u gota spend massive $$$ that i just dont have right now

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
Malkavia said:
the engine was just rebuild about 20k mi ago and the turbo was rebuilt as well about the same, i dont wana run past 11-12psi in case it blows on me, however they previous owner said he rebuilt the turbo and spend 1000 bucks on it so i think he either got ripped off or got it upgraded, only problem is i dont know what trim and i havent removed the turbo to check for machine marks but if it is stock and rebuilt running 11psi and i get hi 200s as you say if i went to like 13psi what u think id hit? i dont wana go much higher because of the fact that once u go much higher u gota spend massive $$$ that i just dont have right now

i wouldnt run more then 10.. if its a stock turbo, you eventually will regret running high boost.

take off the accordian hose and see if theres any play...

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
will do thanks, 300rwhp would be perfect for orlando cuz everyone is either in a civic or integra so not much of a challenge

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Wow....... N20 won't "KILL YOUR ENGINE" if your motor is in good condition/well maintained and you fit a good quality kit and aren't a total tard with it.

Please don't make statements like this unless you have some personal experience with the subject and can offer intelligent facts.

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
i believe my engine is in good quality so to speak i mean i am just overheating with a coolant leak atm no BHG symptoms and the engine pulls hard it just heats up and chirps due to the speedo cable being broken, but if i were to put in N2O id have to replace the HG anyways cuz the stock one wont handle N2O i dont think, correct me if im wrong however

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ANY power upgrades on a 7M require the motor and car to be in good condition to start with from your description yours isn't and I wouldn't do a single thing to it until you correct the faults.

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
i dont have any BHG symptoms ive read about other then overheating and i have a coolant leak but it all seems ok, if i had a BHG wouldnt the temp gauge be going like to maximum really fast and leaking coolant and milky oil everywhere? from what i can tell the only problem i see so far is the coolant leak and the speedo cable being cut. sure enough im gona have the car checked out and the coolant lines replaced before i consider any upgrade in performance, however i already have the KN FIPK from the previous owner so thats woohoo to me 1 less thing i gota do but yeah back on the BHG bus what do u think?

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
your pro going to whant to do a fuel system up grade also.And id whate till you cold get the head gasket done also thats what i did just wating to install fuel system and a good tune.Where in orlando are you im in kissimmee

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
im near the airport 436/lk underhill i gota do the compression test to see if the HG is blown if not im gona retorque it to 75lbs if i can find some help because i have no clue what im doing, and after that is done and my coolant leak is fixed speedo cable fixed, and running 100% ill add a DP TP and a 3" exhaust and turn up the boost a bit to like 10-11 i duno atm most ppl here are rice acuras and hondas its rare to see anyone with 200rwhp

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Listen to IJ he knows what he's talking about. Your car needs to be 100% befor you start trying to make power because that little problem can turn into a big one very quickly when your trying to push 50% more from the engine.

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
yes yes i am aware of that and i do appriciate ij taking time out to help me out i wouldnt upgrade anything relating to performance until my engine was 100% operational

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
IJ. said:
Wow....... N20 won't "KILL YOUR ENGINE" if your motor is in good condition/well maintained and you fit a good quality kit and aren't a total tard with it.

Please don't make statements like this unless you have some personal experience with the subject and can offer intelligent facts.

Good story, guy with a 3000gt sohc 3.0 ran 175 shot on a bone stock motor, he put the nozzle facing the wrong way in the intake tract, BOOM. end of story. Nitrous is interesting, If a motor is in tip top condition, it can take quite a bit and aslong as you keep plugs in it(copper and probably a 1 step colder heat range depending on the amount of nitrous) and a good AFR, it can be used pretty safely. If your a tard and dont know how to use nitrous, find someone that does to help you out.