Longer wheel studs

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Anyone ever replaced these with something longer. I looked around a little tonight for the knurl diameter and I found a listing in some random catalog for them and the knurl diameter was 14.1mm or 0.555". Does that sound right?

So I started looking for longer studs. I checked summit's site because they usually have a pretty good listing and they don't have anything with same knurl diameter, the closest diameter was 0.558 and they were studs for an IS300. They were $35 for 5 and had a 2.6" underhead length. They're also M12x1.5 just like stock.

Does anyone know if there are any other options? $7/stud is expensive.

There are Moroso studs that have a 0.560 knurl diameter, 2.875 underhead length, 7/16-20 thread and are $11 per 5.

The Morosos would work and are a better price for a similar quality stud, so that's probably the route I'll take. But it would be nice to have something that had the same threads as stock. Actually I take that back, there's no reason to keep the same thread as stock, sawblades are ugly and the other lug nuts I have were really cheap.

But just in case anyone else is interested in this, does anyone have any other input on this?

Tim

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Dang perfect timing. I am going to get some soon too. I remember jeff lang talking about getting newer truck studs. They were a bit longer.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Should be...
I just have asked around in Toyota dealership here, aaaand they said, even the bigger Yotas have the same studs, only the biggest one (dunno the name) had some longer ones, but the diameter was bigger too....