lol dum ? but timing's marks

just90gs

Supramania Contributor
Jul 21, 2009
yortown Va
Ok where are the timing mark's on the bottom behind the crank pulley I don't see any marking on the back. I see the cam gears and marking on the timing cover (bottom) but not a mark on the facing next to the oil pump gear where is it can I get a picture please

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
its just to the right if the top of the crank pulley. might have to clean off grease if there is any.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
with out you'll need to pull no.1 sparkplug and put a chopstick or something in it and turn it till its at the top on compression not exhaust.

just90gs

Supramania Contributor
Jul 21, 2009
yortown Va
well I'm I dsm guy and on most car's theirs a marking before the crank pulley but I guess not on these 7mgte. ok so just make sure i'm at tdc. on #1
and the reason i wanted to not is I'm putting a newe belt on this motor befor I drop it in.
I was gonna got to a 2jz or 1jz but I got a 7m for 100 bucks.

just90gs

Supramania Contributor
Jul 21, 2009
yortown Va
hvyman;1388384 said:
the marks are on the crank pulley and out lower timing plate.

yeah I know that's their I was hoping their would be one behind the pulley. but I guess not no biggie just diffrent to me that's all..

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
Just temporarily install the timing cover, and pulley, you don't have to bolt it up, or anything. For that matter, I always waited until I installed the things, and did my cam timing last.