Location of Intake Air Temp Sensor wires on 7MGE harness

Integrity

Aug 28, 2011
Moncks Corner, SC
Want to install an SLR Motorsports Performance Chip in my '89 7MGE. Need to connect to the IAT. Am assuming the wires for the Intake Air Temperature are part of the connector to the MAF sensor. But which 2 of the 6 wires? It's not clear to me from the TSRM. Can someone help? Thanks

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
AJ'S 88NA;1754429 said:
Don't think stock we have a IAT. I've went Maft-Pro Speed Density and had to install an IAT.

the IAT is internal on your afm.
air_flow_meter_2.jpg

Integrity

Aug 28, 2011
Moncks Corner, SC
Good info. OK. Do you know which color wires from the connector on the harness are the IAT? Otherwise, it appears I have to take the MAF apart and trace it. I believe the SLR instructions require splicing into these two wires. Thanks

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
on the tsrm its terminals THA and e2(sensor ground) for wire color, im not sure as mine is a 88 (yellow plug) but the solid Light green wire is THA, and brown is e2

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Something about that chip seems very oddly off.

Maybe its gaining 60hp/tq more out of a 7mge...Just from a chip....

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Just looked and there 70$. Could have bought a turbo ecu or possibly a harness with that. Or a stock turbo. Or even a 7mgte long block. Or all the manifolds.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
hvyman;1754542 said:
Just looked and there 70$. Could have bought a turbo ecu or possibly a harness with that. Or a stock turbo. Or even a 7mgte long block. Or all the manifolds.

I think you're stretching an already all too weak dollar there but yeah, point made. ;)

Integrity

Aug 28, 2011
Moncks Corner, SC
I didn't believe the Hp gain claim, particularly because it was the same gain for every engine displacement. That's not possible. I am an engineer and owned/operated a high performance automotive machine shop for 11 years. The purchase was more out of curiosity to see if the engine efficiency would improve. When I rebuilt the engine, I performed some mild porting (bowl clean-up and short side radius) to compliment the competition valve job. Time will tell if the chip helps either mpg or Hp as claimed. The cost was no big deal for me. Just tinkering. Thanks. I really like the forum and input.