Little survey on seats skins

How much would you spen for new seats skins?

• Vinyl, not more than 500

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Vinyl, between 500-700

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Leather, not more than 600

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Leather, between 600-900

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Not interested

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

dmlsupra

Sep 21, 2005
Quebec, Canada
I want to replace my interior with leather seat. Then, I realized speed shop charge way too much for this kind of work....

Then I find out that one of my friend's girlfriend as oustanding skill in sewing and she has all the equipement to do leather and vynil seats skins.

So I could get some seats skins for a very good prices....still have a few things to verify.

So my question is who could be interested by this and how much would you be willing to pay..... It is for all 4 seats and materiel to cover door panel.

THIS IS NOT A GROUP BUY, just a survey... If eventually, there is a possibility for a group buy, I'll post it in the right section and follow the rules, see this as a market study...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'd seriously suggest looking into the new synthetics instead of leather. The stuff my mother can get from the fabric wholesalers these days feels better than leather, is more durable, and unforunately, more expensive. Easier to sew, though.

Personally, I think under $1000 is a resonable price. Not that I'd buy a set, as I'm having mine made by my mother - who appears to have the same skills and equipment as your buddy's gf. :)

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
heres the thing guys....you can go to TOYOTA and buy a releather kit in any color you want INCLUDING shadow grey (black) for about 600ish i believe..... so it would have to be significantly less then that.

dmlsupra

Sep 21, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Idealsupra said:
heres the thing guys....you can go to TOYOTA and buy a releather kit in any color you want INCLUDING shadow grey (black) for about 600ish i believe..... so it would have to be significantly less then that.

The whole interior???