LIPP questions

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
I have noticed that a lot of LIPP stuff looks very enticing, but it seems like everything I want is only available from two of the worst reviewed places on the internet. So is there anywhere else to get these things I want, specifically the IC piping kit?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can look for used cooleze piping kits. There is one for sale in the for sale section right now.

There not really that bi of a brand and sometimes not even worth it. Like the lip lex afmwith not electronics for 300 when you can get a used lexus afm for like 40-100 with electronics, Or the elbow when you would see more gains from a ddp or full dp.

You can also just get a 45$ piping kit of ebay, mock it up and mark it and take it to a welder or a buddy or something and have them weld it up real fast.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
hvyman;1625160 said:
Like the lip lex afmwith not electronics for 300 when you can get a used lexus afm for like 40-100 with electronics

You don't need the electronics and theirs is new, not from a junk yard. Nor is it 300. I paid 200 for mine, when you deduct the RC injectors price from the kit.

It is a high quaility piece, and probably less than half of Toyota if you went to buy one.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
ok 225. I paid 40 for a lex with good honey comb and good electronics. Cleaned it up and looks brand new. 40>225. They also dont have the best rep around here either.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Until you actually hold the LIPP stuff, you can't appreciate how good it is. The LIPP AFM has a beautiful bypass screw setup and the casting is flawless. If you're a cheap ass then go the Ebay/junkyard route, but don't diss one of the few quality suppliers for the MK3.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
i have bought from suprasport multiple times and never had a problem with them or their high quality products

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
3p141592654;1625767 said:
Until you actually hold the LIPP stuff, you can't appreciate how good it is. The LIPP AFM has a beautiful bypass screw setup and the casting is flawless. If you're a cheap ass then go the Ebay/junkyard route, but don't diss one of the few quality suppliers for the MK3.

Not dissing it nor am i cheap. Just more expensive when the toyota part is cheaper with electronics all day long tho its used.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I made the mistake of purchasing a Lipp AFM when they first came out for $250. The very next week they lowered the price to $165 :(

I ended up not needing it (went VPC). So I just polished her up and placed her on a shelf. I'm hoping they get scarce or something, because I'm not letting it go for half what I paid.

It is a very nice, high quality piece. I see SS still has them listed on their page, but it hasn't been updated in a year. So who knows if you can actually get one, or anything from them anymore.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Well, I've seen some LIPP pieces and they're very nice. I've also not had any issues with ordering from SupraSport, except for when they sent me the wrong sparkplugs when I ordered some for a 7M-GTE, and they sent me some random plugs. We couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't start at all for the longest time.... then we checked the numbers, and low and behold, wrong plug. I checked the invoice, I specified the right part. It'd cost more in shipping to send them the fouled plugs back and get new ones, so I threw them away.

It's the little things... it really is.

I saw that driftmotion has a custom intercooler kit for the 7M in a MkIII... and it's quite reasonably priced as well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy that. DM is FTMFW.

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
Suprasport is awesome, great customer service and quality is amazing! love doing business with them! Lately I've done most of my business with Aaron at DM, and again not a single complaint from me, and I've spend around a grand with DM in the last few months (fucking 7ms).

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
I'm surprised no one has put up a pic of the part in question...
It polishes up great!

2nq76og.jpg