Lipp Fuel Rail Problem

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Re-install OEM fuel rail and call it done ;)

And Duane look what you started with putting you name here^^^. :biglaugh:

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
sprigmo1;1217995 said:
I'm having a problem getting my780cc PTE injectors to seal in my LIPP rail! I've tried all I can think of and nothing seems to work completely! Any ideas! New o-rings already installed!!

as you are tightening the rail down try to turn the injectors as you tighten is slowly. I have never had a problem with mine doing it that way. i also us a little grease on the o-rings to let them slide better. give it a try!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I run an OEM rail which I drilled and tapped for a -8 feed and has a -6 return. Car makes over 800 RWHP through the GM auto. ;) In essence, the OEM rail will do fine. Not sure the limits of it yet but I'm sure I will find out eventually.

92nsx;1218035 said:
Re-install OEM fuel rail and call it done ;)

And Duane look what you started with putting you name here^^^. :biglaugh:

lol

Duane

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
ok i know this thread is hella old and past 138 days, but the question never got answered, i have an answer because i ran into the same problem,there are 2 parts on the neck of the PTE's, there is the lip which is usually where the o-rings are placed when you get them, then there is a black section just below it, put some vasiline on the o rings so you dont damage them, and pull the o-rings to the lower section "black part" now the o-rings will sit on the chamfered portion of the fuel rail, and the injector will sit higher up in the rail. see i bought one of these because i was running a full -10 AN system, with dual feed -8 and a -6 return, i dont have the tools to do the modifications to the stock rail, as for looks, it looks sick :) i dont have doubts that the stock rail can flow great, but sometimes you just have to go overkill

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
I ended up getting a new rail from SupraSport (great guyz) and using a thick washer on each of the three mounting points to keep the inj from going too far into the rail. Dual Walbros pumping strong and no leaks. 2 -6 feeds out of the tank into a -8 single feed to the rail with a -6 return through a Aeromotive AFPR. Now once I figure out why my damn oil pan has a pin hole leak at the seal...............!
Thanks for the reply!

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
Just a little FYI on the rail issue the rail itself is just fine. I am actually running it in my car right now no leaks at all. It is really easy to hook up a -8 line to the supply and a -6 for return. All you have to do is let Jack at suprasport let you know what you want and he will make it happen.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Poodles;1218417 said:
800HP isn't outflowing the stock rail...and looks are subjective.

Pressure delta! ;)

At 800hp, you are talking a significant amount of fuel flow, the ID of the stock will not make the fuel reach critical velocity but will contribute to the fuel pump seeing higher pressure than a PROPERLY sized fuel rail with the correct ID for minimal pressure losses at the volume that is being moved (same with the fuel lines etc).

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
True, but it's just a point that for most people the stock fuel rail is more than enough and money could be best spent elsewhere.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
figgie;1355116 said:
Pressure delta! ;)

At 800hp, you are talking a significant amount of fuel flow, the ID of the stock will not make the fuel reach critical velocity but will contribute to the fuel pump seeing higher pressure than a PROPERLY sized fuel rail with the correct ID for minimal pressure losses at the volume that is being moved (same with the fuel lines etc).

I know what you mean figgie. It is borderline overkill on my car. But it was way easier then trying to make a factory one work with -8 supply fed by dual Walbros. Soon to be running 1000cc on e85. (once the motor is broken in) I am glad you put in your 2 cents worth of great information.