Limiting 1st gear wheel spin - ideas?

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
/\ I don't know about that. I used BFG DR's a couple winters ago.. There is no comparison between the traction of the DR and the street tire, even in the cold.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
imo tires are zero factor in this case. tekdues already has huge tires and i doubt there nexan n2000's.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
nosechunks;1507287 said:
Sounds like you need a bigger turbo. Lag is my traction control.

Turbo is plety big, check out his twin scrol anti lag set up

Im also suprised your having issues getting the tial to be stable brad. On a buddies car we pushed the 5 psi spring up into the 20s and it held pretty stable in the logs. Id give the 10psi spring another shot and if that cant be worked out you might have to start looking for a standalone

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
GC89;1507558 said:
Turbo is plety big, check out his twin scrol anti lag set up

Im also suprised your having issues getting the tial to be stable brad. On a buddies car we pushed the 5 psi spring up into the 20s and it held pretty stable in the logs. Id give the 10psi spring another shot and if that cant be worked out you might have to start looking for a standalone

It's a 35r equivelent insnt it? With a billet wheel? Go GT40 or to a bigger exhaust housing. 1.0+ would help, also make some more up top power prolly. :biglaugh: haha

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Thanks for the info guys, I noticed that my boost was still falling off 1-2psi at the higher RPM's even with the 13lb springs, so I assumed a possible boost leak instead of a wastegate issue. I tightened up the adjuster screw on my BOV 1.5 turns and this solved the boost drop off problem. Today I put the WG spring back to 10psi and was able to get stable boost up to 23psi, and limit 1st gear to 10psi. I'm still getting wheelspin, but this will pass once the weather warms up, as it did before :)

As a side note, I'm noticing more wheel hop lately (during wheel spin), even after redoing the entire rear end with poly bushings. What could I do to reduce this?

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
hop is usually due to bent arms, but if you have replaced those and your bushings, it means there is slop somewhere else, or your alignment is off? What about subframe mount bushings? Are all of your bushings greased properly? Maybe double check them to make sure none of them have failed.