Lights

hey everybody. i recently saw a picture of a mark III supra at nite with only its parking lights on, but its fog lights r also on. my cars fog lights dont come on unless my headlights r on. is this a wiring problem on my car? or did that year markIII allow the foglights and parking lights to be on at the same time? just wondering. thanks

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
ive been trying the search for i dunno a year or so and never come up with results i need...everyone on here says "use the search" but it never works the way i need it to and im sure thats not just me or more people would....it could also be that im an idiot...but search works on every other site for me just fine so who knows....i dont want to make any enemies here but good god every thread has that same post in it.....how bout a link instead of just insulting a kid thats new to the site and new to the car...if the search works like it should it should really take no time to find it for him....sorry for sounding like a girl and hope i didnt piss you or anyone else off.....$0.02

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
jrot;1635957 said:
ive been trying the search for i dunno a year or so and never come up with results i need...everyone on here says "use the search" but it never works the way i need it to and im sure thats not just me or more people would....it could also be that im an idiot...but search works on every other site for me just fine so who knows....i dont want to make any enemies here but good god every thread has that same post in it.....how bout a link instead of just insulting a kid thats new to the site and new to the car...if the search works like it should it should really take no time to find it for him....sorry for sounding like a girl and hope i didnt piss you or anyone else off.....$0.02
Agreed.

k20maniac: If you're not going to teach the new members HOW to search, don't post. There is a link in my sig that explains why, please read it.

To the OP - there are some interesting facts about our search engine. We have had to make some trade offs that you wouldn't see on most forums due to the large nature of both our community and the fact that most of them add a lot of information to the database. The key is that you can't search on words less than 4 characters, however, you *can* use wildcards. So for instance, if you search for "fog* light rewire" it will allow the word fog even though it is to short.

Searching on this will return a mere 45 threads, which is quite reasonable.

Furthermore, the fourth hit on the list is this thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?60503-fog-light-mod&highlight=fog*+light+rewire which has all the links you'll need.

Lastly, to actually answer your question. Originally the Supra didn't allow you to turn on your foglights unless your headlights were already on. When the various governments over here adopted laws that require daytime running lights in '91 (I think, not 100% on the date...) Toyota simply made the foglights come on all the time. Of course, the prior model owners were consumed with rage and jealousy, so they figured out how to get the same effect on their earlier cars, and this method is what we now know as the fog light rewire mod.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92&highlight=fog+lights tnx for the link. i think this mite work but im not sure cus i've heard the wiring is a bit diff in pre89 supras. mine is an 88 so i dont want to ruin the wiring. rite now there arent any rewiring details for pre 89.... ive searched.
thank you for the support. i appreciate it.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
grimjack;1635964 said:
agreed.

K20maniac: If you're not going to teach the new members how to search, don't post. There is a link in my sig that explains why, please read it.

To the op - there are some interesting facts about our search engine. We have had to make some trade offs that you wouldn't see on most forums due to the large nature of both our community and the fact that most of them add a lot of information to the database. The key is that you can't search on words less than 4 characters, however, you *can* use wildcards. So for instance, if you search for "fog* light rewire" it will allow the word fog even though it is to short.

Searching on this will return a mere 45 threads, which is quite reasonable.

Furthermore, the fourth hit on the list is this thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?60503-fog-light-mod&highlight=fog*+light+rewire which has all the links you'll need.

Lastly, to actually answer your question. Originally the supra didn't allow you to turn on your foglights unless your headlights were already on. When the various governments over here adopted laws that require daytime running lights in '91 (i think, not 100% on the date...) toyota simply made the foglights come on all the time. of course, the prior model owners were consumed with rage and jealousy, so they figured out how to get the same effect on their earlier cars, and this method is what we now know as the fog light rewire mod.

lol grim