Lights will not turn off. Tips?

red1ty1

Mar 24, 2015
Montreal
Hey Guys,

So ill start from the beggining. I have an electric cut out for my exhaust and it backfired just one too many times one day and broke the motor which kept the motor running for a long period of time without my knowledge. Now I installed a switch that is tied into the radio power that powers this cut off switch.

So now the motor is broken and I park my car, come back 5 minutes later and my interior is smoking and it smells like burnt plastic. Drive the car home and take the key out of the ignition the engine turned off but all the lights stayed on.

So I pulled fuses and found the "DOME" fuse in the engine bay shuts it all off. Now I can use the car normally except the Acc switch on the Ignition Key does not work

SO HERES WHAT I FOUND:

With the fuse pulled the car works fine except when I turn on my headlights the lights of the dashboard turn off. and when the lights are off (switched off) the dash lights work (now this is with the DOME fuse pulled out). Also the DIAL that is used to change the light intensity of the dash (brighter or less bright) does not function anymore. When I insert the "DOME" fuse with the keys completely out of the ignition I hear a !CLICK! in the engine bay and all the lights turn back on. (Side lights, tail lights, dash lights, interior dome lights (switch on/off still works for those)

Thats all I have... Do you guys recommend anything that I should look at, given the information I have provided?? Any help at all would be really appreciated.

I have the Circuit Diagram of the "DOME" fuse also

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
red1ty1;2059974 said:
Thats all I have... Do you guys recommend anything that I should look at, given the information I have provided?? Any help at all would be really appreciated.

I have the Circuit Diagram of the "DOME" fuse also

Try looking at that circuit diagram including your wiring changes.

Busted_Knuckles

Oct 21, 2013
Atlanta
Based on the smoke in the cabin, I think you fried something. Since the 'DOME' fused circuit is the problem, look on the modules within that circuit. The convenience module, located behind the main fuse panel, is a stong candidate.