Light weight crank pulleys and things

Bina Supra

Jul 14, 2014
HBG PA, United States
Hallo guys,

This lady may be in the wrong forum for this question but here goes. I see many post on not to use the light weight crank pulleys. And I totally see and understand why. I guess it makes me a little upset why manufactures sell such pretty shinny parts. And as a lady I love shinny silver things. So question is what really needs done to get a light weight crank pulley to not, destroy your bearings and bring the wonderful rod knock sound around. Match it with a light weight flywheel? I heard about having the crank shaft balanced but really...Who has put on a light weight crank pulley, and how long did it take to actual mess up your motor if it did so.. Ok Im done.."off my soap box" Thanks for reading guys..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It's not about balance, it's about frequencies and dampening them. Only one I know of that's lighter than stock and still will protect your engine is from ATI.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Poodles;2021471 said:
It's not about balance, it's about frequencies and dampening them. Only one I know of that's lighter than stock and still will protect your engine is from ATI.

The ATI one is defeinitely not "shiney" though...