life sucks, im giving up on the supie

89mkthree

supies ignore irish luck!
Apr 12, 2005
near chi town
i recently put alot of money into my engine doing a full rebuild; new bearings gaskets, rods, ect. and guess what? 2 mi in....knocking. i thought it sounded like valvetrain, so i checked, nope! its bottom end and there is metal in the oil.

so its for sale, look in the classifieds if you want a good car with a bad engine. or something you could part out for a god chunk. ( being a full time student and working 40+ hrs a week i cant)

in conclusion...I give up on the supra. im buying a bimmer. (a REALLY cheap one)

N

NDBoost

^offtopic but clifton, i love your z man. I saw it once, im friends of ericshere03 hes got a red 240z.

Id trade my left arm and my supra for that thing any day.. btw that pic is shot on top of south mountain isnt it.

Clifton

Apr 5, 2005
Scottsdale, Az
NDBoost said:
^offtopic but clifton, i love your z man. I saw it once, im friends of ericshere03 hes got a red 240z.

Id trade my left arm and my supra for that thing any day.. btw that pic is shot on top of south mountain isnt it.

Thanks man. I don't have a use for an extra arm yet though :biglaugh:. It's the lookout on Shea on the way up to Fountain Hills.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
NDBoost said:

I still have a soft spot for the Z and each time I see Clifton's car I can't help but ponder my drivetrain in one ;)!

Clifton

Apr 5, 2005
Scottsdale, Az
89mkthree said:
yeah but dont i need a ground strap for that?

No. I've done it more times than I can remember. Just unclip the plug and get them loose before you start the car. Then use something with a plastic handle (screwdriver) to pop the plug wire out of the coil. You could pull the injector clip too if you wanted.

IJ, come back to the dark side...