Lexus Maf Fiting Stock Accordion ??

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
So How does this all work What do I need to Buy to make this work .
I already have the lexues maf housing and the electronics . I here i have to use the Lexus Hoseing and the electronics are all the same . If so where do i buy that new accordion

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
You don't need a new one, the stock accordion hose will work. All you need to use is force the Lex into the Accordion hose. BTW a an old brittle hard accordion hose will probably be harder to fit the lex into it.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Cool . Cool . Thanks Guys . I think I might be due for a new One . Mine is old and brittle . That probley why it wouldnt fit .

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Ive heard try using dishwasher soap to soften the rubber and to lube it up and that really helps getting the lex afm in the hose.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
Poodles;1573155 said:
Even with a brand new one it's a royal bitch...

this..... go vpc and never look back! :) get the metal one but be prepared to make some mods. the pro for it is you can get different sized couplers to go between the stock afm and the lex afm as needed.

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
MKIIINA;1573416 said:
this..... go vpc and never look back! :) get the metal one but be prepared to make some mods. the pro for it is you can get different sized couplers to go between the stock afm and the lex afm as needed.

This! I run a 3.5inch to 3inch coupler on my cooleze intake pipe to fit the lexus maf eaisly.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
If you lube it up it should fit in fine. If it's old and brittle it may crack, at which point you'll need to order a new one.

I usually use motor oil to lube it up, just dip your finger in it, and very lightly coat it and it should slide in.

Jeff