Lexus IS300

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
So, the IS300 has the 2jz in it, but (as far as I've looked) it only came as an automatic with the "tiptronic" feature. Has anyone put a getrag behind one of these things? I'm lookin at possibly pickin one up and I think it'd be fun as hell to have a 6-spd IS300 :)

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
How'd you like it? Enough power to move under it's own weight?

Future plans for it would be *gasp* turboage! But that wouldn't happen for a while, so it needs to get up and go as it sits, does it do this fairly well?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
It's a pretty quick, fun car. I wouldn't really say fast, you're not gonna go out and smoke most other cars on the road with a stock one. I'd love to get one and go turbo, that's all I could think when I was driving it(read: beating the crap out of it) I test drove it when it was lightly raining and I was getting it to spin in 2nd and slide around corners. The power really comes in around 4,000, not much torque on these without a turbo. It was an '03, lowered,5spd, and an exhaust. and they wanted 25k for it, So really wasnt practical as my daily driver, and I already have the Supra for going fast.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Sounds like just what I want :)
Not looking for something insanely quick, just something that has enough power to pass someone on the highway without rapping it out to 8k (ala Neon). Like you said, I have the supe to go fast, just looking for something nice to go cruising around in, and something to drive in the rain and snow (I know I know, 01 lexus in the snow instead of a 90 supra...doesn't make sense lol).

Possibly turn it into a drift project; not a lot of motor work, just all suspension. Would be a fun little car to slide around :)

Thanks for your info MassSupra :) It's much appreciated :thumbsup:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
No problem, I suggest going out and just driving one, they handle real nice and do have the power to get out of their own way. My friend wanted one but was too afraid to go test drive one and I had always kind of liked them so I figured I'd just test drive it for fun before work one day. The salesman ended up letting me take it alone and just said "well... have fun" and gave me no time to be back by.:naughty:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Haha I did, The dealership was only about 15 minutes from my work. Pulled into the garage and was like "got a new car! and I'm here early!"
Then went out back and did some traction tests. I had the thing for about 40 minutes probably. I got back and had to go find the salesman and he was like "Lets go do some paperwork!" I bullshitted him for a few minutes, told him I'd have to see how my money is when I'm done with the current modifications to my Supra and I'll call him. Never saw the guy again. Although that dealerships been getting quite a few new SRT8's in, I might have to go pay another visit.