Lexus AFM

CACressida

The Cressida Whore!
Feb 19, 2007
Modesto, CA
I'm running a Lexus AFM with a bad intake manifold leak. I've seen huge gains in the power with this thing, but so far, I didn't have to do nothing. You will likely get a terrible cold start idle, but me, i'm thinkin its from my intake manifold leak.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Highly recommend 550's, a Walbro, and a vfpr. You can do it on the stock injectors, with incresed fuel pressure, and a wb, to keep a eye on things (a/f's)...but it won't get you that much more power, and it's risky for the motor.
Edit: It will get you alot more power, if you want to run lean, on the edge! Not safe though. W/O the other pieces, you're just playing with fire.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
CACressida said:
I'm running a Lexus AFM with a bad intake manifold leak. I've seen huge gains in the power with this thing, but so far, I didn't have to do nothing. You will likely get a terrible cold start idle, but me, i'm thinkin its from my intake manifold leak.

Lean, lean, lean!!! That's why you are seeing such a power gain. You're not doing your motor any favors! Trust me! At a minimum, you should run a vfpr, and a set of 550 injectors. I know that with a fresh set of flowed and balanced set of 440's, JBL made mid 400's (WHP) with his 60-1 CT, but he had alot of other goodies, and a very good tune.
Be careful, or you will pay for it!

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
Yep sounds risky, and I don't need to burn it out...I'll hold on to it until I get a walbro and new injectors to push.Any recommendation on the vfpr and injectors?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Aeromotive and RC Engineering.

You can run it, but you won't really see any benefit without some other way of mechanically adding some fuel since the ECU will just correct for the AFM by the 02 signal.

You can also tell the ECU it needs less fuel, which is what I do. (This will allow you the benefit of the Lex AFM)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
there is nothing wroung with runing the lex afm with 440's

you will need 2 things to go with it thou safc and fule reg

remmber the supra runs 10 a/r stock witch is pretty crappy and fi not runing well ti most likly wores

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
I recently had the opportunity to see the difference in AFR's from just a AFM housing change on the dyno.

From stock to Lexus housing, on an otherwise stock car... the AFR's would not go below 13:1, no matter what the boost level.

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
Oh believe me this car has been maintained ever since I bought it by changing every gasket on it, except rear main seal. Re-doing the crappy wiring jobs and replacing broken bolts. I feel like I rebuilt the car after all the work I put in....the wife's real thrilled about it too hehe. I just feel like the MAF I have is not doing so well, almost like it cuts itself off from getting air.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around