Lexus AFM wiring

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
Ok I am sure the is a thread out there about this but I suck and this forum stuff so if someone can help or point me in the right direction to find said threads that would be great.

So here is my issue, i got this Lexus AFM becuase i was told it is much better for airflow and thats kinda wat I have been focusing on with my nickle time add ons. My 3in DP and removing cats and hard pipes all that fun stuff. So I got it in the mail and looked at it side by side with the stock on. The plugs on the box are the same... but the box part numbers are one off. So I been looking and reading and I keep hearing about this damn pigtail harness i need. I am wondering wat is its purpuse and also do i have to change to the 550cc injectors or can I run it on the stock ones? Also do I need a A/F meter or anything like that. A little help please.... i am not looking to gain 500hp and run 9's just do some easy little build ups that are corner stones for bigger ones later.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
in you will need the following,

lex afm housing. remove your old AFM and its a pug and play on the Lex AFM housing.

550 injectors

fuel controller, ie., SAFC II

wideband for data logging.

and of course the supporting mods like exhaust but you say you already have that stuff.

ed.d.

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
super.secret.supra.club;1234183 said:
in you will need the following,

lex afm housing. remove your old AFM and its a pug and play on the Lex AFM housing.

550 injectors

fuel controller, ie., SAFC II

wideband for data logging.

and of course the supporting mods like exhaust but you say you already have that stuff.

ed.d.

sweet now can I run the lex afm without injectors while I collect the money to build or will i burn to lean without anything to tune it like the SAFC

or would it just be better to rock the stock until i have everything?

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
shaeff;1234309 said:
Rock it stock until you have everything.

ok cool.

also i was talking about air filters on another thread and I have a K&N and was told it would be better to switch to a Dry flow like AEM does anyone know if you can just buy a 6in AEM filter so I can keep my nice big K&N AFM adaptor i have on it now.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
shaeff;1234309 said:
Rock it stock until you have everything.

shaeff, do you have initial settings for this guy to use the Lexus AFM with stock injectors, so that he doesn't run lean right off the bat?

In fact, someone should do a thread on S-AFC settings.
This would save a lot of time for people just going to them,
and most likely save a few engines.

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
PLEASE DO! I have been looking for the initial setting info for a while.

John Lunsford and his 7m celica are running lex AFM and stock injectors @ 37psi of fuel pressure

http://jblmk3.com/cars/pt_upgrade.php <<--- near the bottom of the page

quote from his site

"I took advantage of having the actuator off so I painted it so it would look new too. This is the turbo that I made 437 RWHP/469 RWTQ at 18 psi with! I used the stock intercooler with PVC pipes, stock fuel injectors, no fuel computers, Walbro GSS-315 and SX AFPR at 37 psi, 12 deg timing, no race fuel, no tricks on a hot rainy day!"

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
gofastgeorge;1234989 said:
shaeff, do you have initial settings for this guy to use the Lexus AFM with stock injectors, so that he doesn't run lean right off the bat?

yes that would be nice

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
gofastgeorge;1234989 said:

Just stumbled back across this thread in a search...

I won't post any information about running the Lexus AFM w/ stock injectors because I don't recommend anyone to do it. If it's done, it's done at your own risk.

Aside from that fact, every car is different. You cannot depend on someone else's tune to work on your own car. There are far too many variables. What works perfectly on one car, could cause a catastrophic failure on another.

By "rock it stock", I meant that the OP should run all stock electronics until he has every component of the LEX/550 upgrade to install all at once.