Lexus AFM Help

al lewis

Mar 3, 2007
dominica
Hey guys just finished my lex/afm mod on my supra with some 550 cc injectors everything is running ok i'm real rich at WOT air fuel ratio's dipping in the 9's but mostly straight 10's question is, is it because i'm at sea level that my fuel cut is only around 15.5 psi and how can i raise this? i don't have a custom AFM housing with modified adjustment screw can this be adjusted with the stock air screw? Also should i try lowering the base fuel pressure currently i have it set at 30psi with vacuum on.

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
You need to get a way to tune the car. I wouldn't mess with the fuel pressure. You are going to run rich with bigger injectors/Lexus AFM.
As far as the fuel cut that sounds about right, every car is different. You could get a fuel cut defender if you really wanted to but I would just tune it rather than mess with one of those.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
al lewis;1993088 said:
Hey guys just finished my lex/afm mod on my supra with some 550 cc injectors everything is running ok i'm real rich at WOT air fuel ratio's dipping in the 9's but mostly straight 10's question is, is it because i'm at sea level that my fuel cut is only around 15.5 psi and how can i raise this? i don't have a custom AFM housing with modified adjustment screw can this be adjusted with the stock air screw? Also should i try lowering the base fuel pressure currently i have it set at 30psi with vacuum on.
Better to run rich than lean..

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
You should be able to adjust it with the stock air screw.

Get a NEO and tune the fuel map

Dont get a FCD. Fuel cut is there to protect the engine...so dont get rid of it without proper supporting mods and tune

al lewis

Mar 3, 2007
dominica
I understand what yall are saying it is better to be rich than lean but to rich can also be a problem i'm running so rich that the car sputters at WOT my wide bank blinks at 10.0 so i got to get this sorted out. I have an super afc will be installing it this weekend, but with that said would adjusting the stock screw raise the fuel cut because i planned to run 17psi and i can't get passed 15.5-16psi i know cars vary but i really thought this mod would have pushed the fuel cut way passed that but i guess different atmosphere as well as elevation play a big roll in this.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Stock fuel cut is usually around 12psi...the AFM should have bumped you up a bit to around the 15 mark you are at...

adjusting the stock screw out (more air) will increase fuel cut since you will be getting more unmetered air into the system

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
I would pick up a WB and an afpr. Then you can adjust the fuel pressure in conjunction with the VF signal, your afr's, and the the afm screw. I only see about a 0.2 to 0.4 difference in my afr's by changing nothing but the AFM screw from all the way in to all the way out. My best street tune is when fuel pressure on my afpr is set at 38 (no vac), afm screw is left alone at the stock setting, and my vf signal is right at 2.5V

al lewis

Mar 3, 2007
dominica
7M4EVR;1993304 said:
I would pick up a WB and an afpr. Then you can adjust the fuel pressure in conjunction with the VF signal, your afr's, and the the afm screw. I only see about a 0.2 to 0.4 difference in my afr's by changing nothing but the AFM screw from all the way in to all the way out. My best street tune is when fuel pressure on my afpr is set at 38 (no vac), afm screw is left alone at the stock setting, and my vf signal is right at 2.5V

At what boost? did adjusting your screw raise the fuel cut? what ratio's were you seeing at WOT.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Im still breaking in my motor so it hasnt seen more than 12psi and that was just for one pull so I cant commment on the fuel cut yet. I was using a portable wideband to tune so i tuned it and left everything alone cuz I had to give the wideband back to my buddy. At the time I pulled it off i was seeing 11.2- 11.0. @ WOT. Since then I have put on all new piping, a new BOV and hollowed out my cat. As soon as nice weather comes I will be installing my safc and a permanent wideband and retuning.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
The lexus bypass screw is only good for +/-1% of the airflow going through the meter. The screw is most likely used during manufacturing to fine tune the karman vortex sensor to the housing. Which is why you cant get the housing and sensor separate.