Let me see your trunks!

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
i think i have everyone beat in audio i have four 12'' woofers and four 6x9's in the trunk then i took out the back seat and installed two amps and a spare battery

p927287_1.jpg

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
T701jz;589048 said:
2006 Set Up......2007 ????

479895c.jpg

4iewbr4.jpg

4bisn5d.jpg

so I think I found an equal in the supra audio world. what do u hit? here is one of mine. its nice to see someone as serious as myself. nice work in the trunk... i actually have a targa top and can still use it. lol.

Attachments

• supra 007.JPG
    supra 007.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 49

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
^^ it isnt the amount of subwoofers and speakers, it is the quality, there are by far many better setups in the supra world, most using a single high quality 12, properly tuned and installed. Rear fill is a big no no! I have been doing this for years!!

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
sweetlikechutny;930887 said:
^^ it isnt the amount of subwoofers and speakers, it is the quality, there are by far many better setups in the supra world, most using a single high quality 12, properly tuned and installed.

this all i need to say... look at the picture and i can still use my targa top. lol. as far as quality goes they are pioneer premier and if you have ever heard regular premiers the shallow mounts aint no slouches either. the box has like 1 cuft or less per woofer and 1000 watts. and depending on the meter its between 142 and 146. oh yeah when i said equal i ment cleaness of the install. you have anything or what?
p930889_1.jpg

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
shenronzero;930889 said:
this all i need to say... look at the picture and i can still use my targa top. lol. as far as quality goes they are pioneer premier and if you have ever heard regular premiers the shallow mounts aint no slouches either. the box has like 1 cuft or less per woofer and 1000 watts. and depending on the meter its between 142 and 146. oh yeah when i said equal i ment cleaness of the install. you have anything or what?
p931237_1.jpg

scope the pictures I have
ampsnsubs1.jpg

doorbuild1.jpg

I had 3 JLs and 2 sets of 6.5 MB quart component setups in the doors. Pictures are dark but I hit 151.2db with that setup and 2 15's in the back seat. It was LOUD! Without the 15s It was just as loud but oh so clear.

In my 85 I had an 18 inch Kicker and 4 8's that did well too.

My new system is in process of less is more. 2 12's and a component front setup in the doors.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
shenronzero;930889 said:
p932218_1.jpg

I didn't mean to be that critical, yes its a very clean install, and 146db is quite loud, congratulations. If you look back a few pages you can see my setup 6months back as well.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
sweetlikechutny;932218 said:
I didn't mean to be that critical, yes its a very clean install, and 146db is quite loud, congratulations. If you look back a few pages you can see my setup 6months back as well.

did you use your tire well in that set up?i was going to go for something like that when i had to 2 10's. do you not use your targa top? when will you have your next one done.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
shenronzero;932240 said:
did you use your tire well in that set up?i was going to go for something like that when i had to 2 10's. do you not use your targa top? when will you have your next one done.

No they are just mounted with very little clearance (targa top and bottom of subs). Targa still fits over the subs. Next setup I'll be starting once I get home from school. I am looking at removing the rear seats and fiberglassing the 12's in the rear. The amps will be mounted with covers in the hatch. I am also looking at a couple xtant 1000 watt amps (x1000) or possibly audison amps instead of the matts 300hc.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
Anth505;932969 said:
Would be kinda cool if the 6x9's weren't there.

geeze whats with you canadian dudes hatin on the 6x9's lol. they sound really good i promise,trust me ive heard them lol. but you have to admit anything is better than 4 stock 4's ay ya know. i actually have family and distant relatives in canada. either one of you from the newfoundland providance? if so have you ever heard of voisey's bay or voisey nickle company?

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
I saw that coming. I have a pair of Boston acoustics 4x6 in the factory rear location. You don't really need anything back there at all. Mine is only used for rear fill. You can't tell they are there unless you turn them off.

I would think that the sound waves from the subs would not only drown out the midbass from the 6x9's but would potentially distort them.

To answer your question, I am not from the Newfoundland Providance, I am from the Ontario Providance....near the village of Toronto.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
shenronzero;933010 said:
geeze whats with you canadian dudes hatin on the 6x9's lol. they sound really good i promise,trust me ive heard them lol. but you have to admit anything is better than 4 stock 4's ay ya know. i actually have family and distant relatives in canada. either one of you from the newfoundland providance? if so have you ever heard of voisey's bay or voisey nickle company?
6x9's suck. Period. Unless your a baller rolling on 24's in your jacked up caprice, 6x9's sound terrible! If you ever have the option to use a round cone, do it. There are reasons the best speakers in the world are 6.5-7" components, and not 6x9's. I would afb up some nice MDF adapters and throw atleast some basic components in there...

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
shenronzero;927287 said:
i think i have everyone beat in audio i have four 12'' woofers and four 6x9's in the trunk then i took out the back seat and installed two amps and a spare battery

p934152_1.jpg

Did you paint your panels black? What did you use? It looks really nice!

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
sweetlikechutny;934152 said:
Did you paint your panels black? What did you use? It looks really nice!

thank you. If you can see the rest i did from the dash and doors and everthing back. i didnt paint it persay but i found a nice vinyl dye and clear coat. on the plastic pannels it looks a little more flat, but in the dash and the doors it looks amazing. my goal was to get a different color with a factory look. i think i managed to acheve it.

if your interested in doing something like that i can try to find what i used.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Hey IwantMKIII

thelonerider;898178 said:
???? Proper excursion ????

A free air setup does not allow for any air from the back of the woofer to reach the front. The proper way is to make a baffle board (the part you mount the woofer on) that seals one side from the other and uses the trunk as a box. Usually free air are done in sedans there a board seperates the trunk from the inside of the car behind the back seats. I can't see how a port would work in this type of setup.

A sealed enclosure is not as loud or efficient as a ported box, but can handle more power and has a smoother sound (does not boom). How are you going to measure the frequency of the port that you are "building as a sliding one". The tuning frequency of the port is important as you will want to cut off all frequencies below that note/frequency so that you do not destroy the woofer. Any notes being played below the "tuned frequency" of the port will cause the woofer to float or move back and forth very easily and not produce any sound but overheating the voice coil and destroying the woofer.
It sounds like your setup may be the reason you have blown woofers. but, hey, I'm only guessing based on the information in this thread and my interpretation of it. I strongly suggest you review the links I posted to make sure you follow and understand sub enclosure theory.
Good luck with your new setup.

he's right, that set up ain't gonna work. NO way, No how. Buy your self a pre fabbed box pop your working woofer in it and just listen to the difference. Then go build yourself a killer system. I'm always here for info. PM me with questions, 18 years in the car audio biz.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
pbasil1;933793 said:
6x9's suck. Period. Unless your a baller rolling on 24's in your jacked up caprice, 6x9's sound terrible! If you ever have the option to use a round cone, do it. There are reasons the best speakers in the world are 6.5-7" components, and not 6x9's. I would afb up some nice MDF adapters and throw atleast some basic components in there...

The point is he shouldn't have any speakers back there, its just silly.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
shenronzero;934282 said:
thank you. If you can see the rest i did from the dash and doors and everthing back. i didnt paint it persay but i found a nice vinyl dye and clear coat. on the plastic pannels it looks a little more flat, but in the dash and the doors it looks amazing. my goal was to get a different color with a factory look. i think i managed to acheve it.

if your interested in doing something like that i can try to find what i used.

What did you use? Do you have any more pictures? Do you expect it to wear off?

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
sweetlikechutny;935572 said:
What did you use? Do you have any more pictures? Do you expect it to wear off?

ill try to find what i used and only on some of the plastic parts in the back like if you scrape it hard with something will it wear off other than that everything else is good and its been like that for about a year now.