Leecheater's rebuild, getting there

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Rob,
Thanks for your help on the interior. I took her to work today. It has so many less rattles. And, yes, let's build the sub box. Let me know when you want to shop for wood. Tonight Spike is supposed to weld in the flex section and run waste gate into exhaust, plus fix muffler hanger.
I also want to try the EGT gauge wiring on the Boost gauge.

Dan

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Cool, we will get everything takin care of by next weekend. I could finish everything up this week and weekend but Im trying to get everything takin care of off the Red parts sup before I leave this weekend. (remove engine, tranny, ship out parts, clean up, ect.)

As for the speaker box, we will need probably 3 - 24" X 48" sheets of 3/4" MBF plywood. We can get it at menards, IIRC I pd. $8 ish for each of them.

I have another list of things to grab off the red sup, that we need for your car. As for the wipers the shaft that attaches to the motor is just in the wrong spot and needs to just be removed again and reset.

I still haven't heard back from Amanda, but Im sure we can meet up tonight ;) She works from 5:30-4. I sent her a text to check everything out.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Rob and Spike,
Thanks for the hand tonight on the waste gate plum welding and muffler hanger. There may be a small exhaust leak but it it a lot quieter than it was. The correction of the mis-routed drive belt has really cleared up the pulley squeak.
It was fun when we went on a test run. Those 4th gear pulls are a lot of fun. Also, the guy in the GT Rustang had a funny look on his face, too bad we couldn't have run him another few blocks. He was ahead before we started and I quickly caught him. I may still have to try a few runs at the track before cold weather hits.

Dan

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
leecheater;1393874 said:
Rob and Spike,
Thanks for the hand tonight on the waste gate plum welding and muffler hanger. There may be a small exhaust leak but it it a lot quieter than it was. The correction of the mis-routed drive belt has really cleared up the pulley squeak.
It was fun when we went on a test run. Those 4th gear pulls are a lot of fun. Also, the guy in the GT Rustang had a funny look on his face, too bad we couldn't have run him another few blocks. He was ahead before we started and I quickly caught him. I may still have to try a few runs at the track before cold weather hits.

Dan

You have two chances left for street legal drags. I was up there tonight and had a pretty good time.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Emilio shot a few photos of my MKIII last night. What do you all think?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Great to see the pics posted up and the progress...hopefully we can take some more pictures before the snow flies, maybe with a few more Supras too.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Emilio,
Look at your school schedule and please let me know when you are free. Most days I am done by 5:30. I have several ideas of spots around town that should look good. Sean told me you had several more spots picked out.

I thought the photos look darn good, even if a few exposures were off.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Dan, I really hope that my car gets up and moves like yours does. That drive was an absolute blast!\
Also, you and Sean have the best freakin luck with mishimoto radiator fitment. It's just not fair. :cry:

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
I appreciated the company. I love it when the windshield wipers take off on their own! This week end we are thinking of dynoing one last time. Sean told me there was a dyno day in Plymouth. Push her up to 26 lbs and see what happens, we should be over 600 and if lucky 650!!

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Here are photos of the latest purchase. Got a damn good deal from cjsupra90. Chris did a damn good job packing and shipping. These were not in my immediate plans but the price was right.

p1426701_1.jpg
+++

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Great exterior shots! I get the nostalgia of an aircraft museum, staring in awe at the timeless curves and reading about the raw power. Great Job!

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Car looks great! Hey are you running into any problems venting your PCV system to atmophere? I've herd rumors that it builds up pressure in the crank case and can blow out front main seal on the 2jz :dunno: . i'm tryin to figure out what to do with mine now that i'm going single.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
NewGen;1428970 said:
Car looks great! Hey are you running into any problems venting your PCV system to atmophere? I've herd rumors that it builds up pressure in the crank case and can blow out front main seal on the 2jz :dunno: . i'm tryin to figure out what to do with mine now that i'm going single.

Funny you mention that we did pop one main seal early on in the season. Ended buying a new one shortening the spring in it and installing it with a thin layer of grey sealant. Been good since then.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
NewGen, you are correct. This winter we will be venting her correctly. I just need to pull off the valve covers and get Sean to weld on a nipple on each side. Also plan on rerouting my IAC as well. Lot's to do before the big mid May MN Supra track day.