Led turn signals I am making different setups tell me what you think.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
So there are several setups I am playing with some look better while the lights are off but don't look as good with the lights on and others look good with the lights on but not as good with the lights off, let me know which ones you guys like. Also this is a spare set I have its clear 89 set and I don't have a need for them so I am going to end up selling them later on I just want to get an idea of what people think and which looks better. Lastly these are rough setups so they will be better fits on the final versions. If anyone can tell me how to add a poll I will do so. So without further delay on to the pics. Sorry some of them are blurry.

Setup #1
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Setup#2
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

setup #3
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

setup #4
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

NEW setup#5
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
As I said this is a spare clear set from a 89 I will end up selling them. I am planning on making these as I go but people will either need to supply me a set they want modified, or I can buy sets and modify them and sell them. More on that later now I just want to get the general idea of what ppl like. #1 Will probably be the setup I will go with but the pics dont show exactly what they look like the shaped lens gives some strange looking effects when looking at them from an angle other than straight ahead. I will try to get more pics of that up. Tonight I will have the other side light done and I will get some pics of them both on both my cars.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
what about converting pre-89 euros..?

I can send mine in, and get them with clear LED parking lights and amber turn signals...

p.s. Setup #1 looks the best..

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
On another note, I am thinking of getting some boards made for the setup that will include a pwm for brightness control and voltage regulation. I just want to know how many of you would be interested as in I may do a group buy if enough people are interested. I know clearcorners.com used to sell them but IIRC they were over $500 a set. I can make them for half that. If or when I get into full production of these I will have the boards better setup and they will have a much nicer finish. I just wanted to know if people liked the cf covers really, I think they look great and cant wait to get both sets on the car and see how they look. I know on my wifes dark blue one they look sick. Tonight I am going to work on acid etching some pwm boards.

So how many people would be interested and what setups would you like. Ie leds white and amber, or full amber. Also with or without the cf inserts. Also I supply the assemblies or if you want yours redone. Anyways back to soldering.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Alright so I took some more pics and left some out yesterday of what they look like when its dark. Also I took some pics to show how bright they really are.
Really bright, given its not far from the ground but holding it higher doesn't change much.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is pitch black outside no lights on other than one of the lights.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Now for some other pics I left out.
p1620518_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Aright so I got the lights done, I don't know if I am going to add pwms to them or not really I just made this set to test and sell so its gonna be up to the buyer I guess. So here are the pictures finished on my wifes car. I don't have a car with an 89 front bumper on it so I stuck them on the 88 so they look a little off, but here are the pics. I will have these up in the for sale section soon if anyone is interested.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
metaphysico;1620296 said:
Tonight I am going to work on acid etching some pwm boards.

Haha! I read it as "Tonight I am going to work on acid. Etching some pwm boards" Thought I'd share. You've done an excellent job, they look great. I'm a purest when it comes to exterior look so I stick with stock. Nice work anyway.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
They are plug and play with the exception of having to replace the flasher so they won't blink fast. In the pics I did not have the pig tail on the lights yet so I used the booster box for power. The light output with the covers on seems to be about perfect, the whites may still be a little to bright but not bad.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Ok so I still not have had a chance to take a pic at night with these lights on. I have been replacing the valve seals in the blue car in the picture (my wifes car). I got them all done last night so I will get the engine back together and have it running again tonight just in time for night so I can put them back on the car and light them up to get some pics.

I also ordered some more electronics that I needed to finish the pwms so by next week I will be selling this set. If there is enough interest I will be making more to order how people like them.

I am also going to start on a set of 87 rears tomorrow to go full led in them, I have an extra set lying around. I have another set of tails that the lenses are broken in so I am going to try to get a mold from this set and make a custom clear cover for the other set of rears, so I will have to decide how I want to set up the leds, as I can make them how I want if I don't have to stick to the covers design. I have some more parts to order to make enough pwms to run the rears but am going to make them just to test at full brightness. Should take me a week or so to make the rears. And being 87 type I am not sure how I want to set them up yet, but I do have two ideas in mind.

I forgot I will also get some pics of the side marker lights I have converted to leds.