Leak from Cps area

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
So my car has been parked for 2 months because of winter, and i decided just to fire her up today. What a great sound it was. But anyway, i remember just before i parked it, i had a slight leak from around the cps area. I don't remember what it was, but i am almost positive it was oil.
i replaced the cps cover, as well as the gasket last spring, and it was fine for all of this time, but i was wondering, perhaps could i have some sort of internal leak with the cps that is somehow pushing oil to make it drip?
It is definitely being burnt by my 1-2 runners on the exhaust manifold, so that gives an idea of how close it is to the block.
Any ideas guys?
-tom

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
If it's leaking from inside you'll have to replace the shaft seal. See member 3p's excellent tutorial in the Tech Tips section. If leaking around the outside replace the O ring. Use a gasket instead of (or in addition to) the O ring and it'll never leak again...

Bill UK

90 Supra Turbo 14 psi
Aug 11, 2006
UK
O ring part # 90099-14088

p1211345_1.jpg

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
i am very aware of the cps and the part numbers (i was looking through that cps rebuild thread) but is there anything else in that residing area that could leak like that ?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
It could be coming from a valve cover gasket, or a crack in the line that runs oil to your turbo. Either way, you'd probably see it above the CPS. I'm betting O-ring. I need to replace mine as well.