LBC MK3 Supra build the midnight pearl

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
intro to my love of supras. I have always had a passion for supra. So when I had the chance to get one, I bought a 1988 white turbo 5 speed supra. It was lost in an accident 5 years ago On my way to work when a lady turned left in front of me. So instead of quitting I decided to buy an 87 supra with all 89 conversion parts. Turbo 5 speed of course. I rebuilt the motor, got suspension, wheels, etc decided to paint it for TORC in long beach, ca. Stripped it and never painted it. A year pass, decided to finally paint it. Sent it to a friends friends shop. He charged me 800 w/a 500 deposit and ripped me off after he painted my friends car and left without touching my car. Took Tito a second shop and they lagged. So I took it to a 3rd shop at Horn's Collisions and got it painted

Sorry for the long as intro, FYI , my "buddy" doesn't even talk to me after his friend took my 500

Here is pic of before and after
Silverfish blue when bought 4 years ago

Car after sitting for a year stripped of its paint, at the shop that ripped me off 500. That's my friends supra who recommended the guy. Which is his good friend. My supra in the back

Horns Collision. Friends body shop

Finally painted. Honda fit 2009 blackberry pearl with a little custom changes. Sorry pix doesn't show off all the colors

Taking the car to SILV with my buddies cars as well.

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
Thanks supraguy@aol. The color looks Insane in the sun light.

Hoping to put the motor back together by mid August with some upgrades

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your $500. So did your buddy's friend just say something like, "I'm not painting your car anymore"?

Good to hear that your car finally got painted. How about posting pics that better show the new paint job?

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
I see your a SoCal guy too. But no he just went MIA on me. The guy who recommended him went by Compton. Maybe you know him?

I had to actually call the cops to get my car back from the paint shop he was renting the booth at @rodel

emission

1.5JZ powered!
Jun 11, 2005
Long Beach, CA
lol found a picture of your old car. You had a bike rack?? wtf! lol
Throw it in the gutter go buy another.
Glad you didn't toss this one in the trash after stripping the paint and letting it rust up for a year.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
88tsupra;1955117 said:
I see your a SoCal guy too. But no he just went MIA on me. The guy who recommended him went by Compton. Maybe you know him?

I had to actually call the cops to get my car back from the paint shop he was renting the booth at @rodel

you could find compton in socalsupras.org. send him a pm.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
88tsupra;1955204 said:
Dude rodeo it's me Bee. Killer bee on socalcal

lol. I knew it from the buff arms, but I was unsure since I have never seen you post here.

you car is looking fresh from the outside. Paint looks good! Looking forward to seeing the engine bay freshened up.

emission

1.5JZ powered!
Jun 11, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Troll so hard!!! rofl!

Rodel, we are trying to put the past behind us, with the issues this car has.
Hopefully we pull the motor and get the bay painted.
In due time the engine will be fresh again.
Looking forward to helping him out as much as I can.

Since he beat me once, We need to line up again in Vegas.
It's only right he has a "prime" engine. No more excuses. lol

I actually have room at my place to rebuild the engine now...